Thursday, October 31, 2013

if you follow your bliss . . .



Now, I came to this idea of bliss because in Sanskrit, which is the great spiritual language of the world, there are three terms that represent the brink, the jumping-off place to the ocean of transcendence: Sat-Chit-Ananda. The word "Sat" means being. "Chit" means consciousness. "Ananda" means bliss or rapture. I thought, "I don't know whether my consciousness is proper consciousness or not; I don't know whether what I know of my being is my proper being or not; but I do know where my rapture is. So let me hang on to rapture, and that will bring me both my consciousness and my being." I think it worked.
“If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Wherever you are—if you are following your bliss, you are enjoying that refreshment, that life within you, all the time.”



I have an Inner Friend who walks and talks with me daily.
He is not afar off, but is within me, a constant companion.
I shall never become lonely, for my Friend is always near.
I have but to speak and He answers.
Before ever my lips spoke He told me of His love.
O my kind Friend, how dear to me is Thy presence.
The Spirit within me is my Friend.
Ernest S. Holmes

Any time someone remembers their true nature is love it is awesome.
For love is not exclusive to anyone, but inclusive of everyone.
For love, simply loves...period.  In all things, put love first.

Love not Pleasure; love God.
from Sartor Resartus (1833–1834) Bk. II, ch. 9
By Thomas Carlyle  

Jennifer Hadley: Spiritual practice has saved me from doubt and fear. Developing a real dedication to spiritual practice is something I resisted for many years. I was dedicated reading books, taking classes and gathering information. I finally realized that [...]Continue Reading...

I can obscure my holy sight, if I intrude my world upon it. Nor can I behold the holy sights Christ looks upon, unless it is His vision that I use. Perception is a mirror, not a fact. And what I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward. I would bless the world by looking on it through the eyes of Christ. And I will look upon the certain signs that all my sins have been forgiven me.
Lesson 304 -Let not my world obscure the sight of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment