Friday, August 9, 2013

You are united with all of life, not separated from it! / TEACH ME, O LORD



When I've chosen to act from faith,
I have NEVER regretted it.
On the other hand,
When I've chosen to act from fear,
I have ALWAYS regretted it.
Rev. Anne Presuel


I am always provided for.
I am always taken care of.

And most important: things always work out.


 By seeing your true identity as a person who is united with all of life, not separated from it, you free yourself forever of feeling cheated, no matter what happens to you. The key to understanding lies in the word  _you_. Vernon Linwood Howard


TEACH ME, O LORD

Teach me, my Lord, to be kind and gentle in all the events of life, in disappointments, in the thoughtlessness of others, in the insincerity of those I trusted, in the unfaithfulness of those on whom I relied.

Let me put myself aside, to think of the happiness of others, to hide my pains and heartaches, so that I may be the only one to suffer from them.

Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes across my path. Let me so use it that it may mellow me, not harden or embitter me; that it may make me patient, not irritable; that it may make me broad in my forgiveness, not narrow, proud and overbearing.

May no one be less good for having come within my influence. No one less pure, less true, less kind, less noble for having been a fellow traveler in our journey toward eternal life.

As I go my rounds from one task to another, let me say, from time to time, a word of love to You.

May my life be lived in the supernatural, full of power for good, and strong in its purpose of sanctity. Amen.

(Father John A. Hardon Catholic Prayer Book with Meditations p.49) http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/archives.htm#nav


“I hope you believe this is important. Writing down, keeping a written record of your past experiences, of your present situation and of your future plans. Write things down. By writing, we master our mind. We get control of our thinking. I cannot tell you how important it is to do some writing to grow in a spiritual life.” Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.



“But if you stay joined to Me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!” — John 15:7


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12


The people around you will be strong and well if you will be true to Truth. ECH



When faith enters a person's heart, it causes certain mental states which result in certain actions. Taken together these mental states and actions are the proof for the true faith. The Prophet said, "Faith is that which resides firmly in the heart and which is proved by deeds." Foremost among those mental states is the feeling of gratitude towards God which could be said to be the essence of 'ibada' (worship). http://www.allah.org/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment