Saturday, August 24, 2013

Practicing the Golden Rule is not a sacrifice; it is an investment.


Muriel Strode (1875-1920) was an American poet and writer. She was the 2nd of four children of William Smith Strode & Amelia Steele. She left behind a myriad of inspiring quotes and brief zingers.

Her book, "My Little Book of Life" was published in 1912.



 I Am the Cry
by Muriel Strode
I am the cry of the nebula to become a star,
the stream following its dream to the sea.
I am the ovum, with consciousness of the Bird of Paradise.
I am the moment of time calling to infinity.


 "I WILL not pray that each day be a perfect day,
but I will pray to lapse not into indifference.
I will not pray that each time I shall build both strong and true,
but, imperfect, I will pray for impulse that I may build anew."
My little book of prayer (1905)

Quotes:
·                     Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances.
·                     A man is known by the company he avoids.
·                     A closed mind is a good thing to lose.
·                     The strength of women comes from the fact that psychology cannot explain us. Men can be analyzed, women… merely adored.
·                     The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
·                     Practicing the Golden Rule is not a sacrifice; it is an investment.
·                     A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
·                     The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.
1906 vintage black & white photo of Muriel Strode


No comments:

Post a Comment