Monday, June 17, 2013

True Empathy II



 “To empathize does not mean to join in suffering, for that is what you must refuse to understand. That is the ego’s interpretation of empathy, and is always used to form a special relationship in which the suffering is shared.” (Text, CH16, I 1:1-2)
You do not know what empathizing means.

Yet of this you may be sure...

if you will merely sit quietly by and let the Holy Spirit relate through you, you will empathize with strength, and both of you will gain in strength, and not in weakness.

Your part is only to remember this...

you do not want anything you value to come of the relationship. You will neither to hurt it nor to heal it in your own way.

You do not know what healing is. All you have learned of empathy is from the past. And there is nothing from the past that you would share, for there is nothing there that you would keep. Do not use empathy to make the past real, and so perpetuate it. Step gently aside, and let the healing be done for you. Keep but one thought in mind, and do not lose sight of it, however tempted you may be to judge any situation, and to determine your response by judging it.  (Text, CH16, I, 2:6-3:8)

“Focus your mind only on this: I am not alone, and I would not intrude the past upon my Guest. I have invited Him and He is here. I need do nothing except not to interfere.” (Text, CH, 16, I, 3:9-12)

Leave Him His function, for He will fulfill it if you but ask Him to enter your relationships, and bless them for you. (Text, CH16, I, 7:9)
Everything we do is based on a mis-perceived notion that we are separate and therefore lacking God's love. Every expression is of love or a call for love. I do what I want to feel good, I take back what is rightfully mine (what I want), what I believe is coming to me.
True Empathy
“By joining with the Holy Spirit (in-spirit) at the level of the mind you automatically know what to do for someone at the level of behavior or form and be truly helpful. It automatically comes through. It's an expression of love.”. http://pvrguymale.blogspot.ca/2009/02/i-read-ken-wapnicks-true-empathy-notes.html

Read:"Let me remember that myself is nothing and that my Self is all"

Read: Be indifferent.

Empathy is the capacity to recognize emotions that are being experienced by another sentient or fictional being. One may need to have a certain amount of empathy before being able to experience accurate sympathy or compassion. The English word was coined in 1909 by the psychologist Edward B. Titchener in an attempt to translate the German word "Einfühlungsvermögen", a new phenomenon explored at the end of 19th century mainly by philosopher Theodor Lipps. It was later re-translated into the German language as "Empathie", and is still in use there.




T-13.VI.10. Child of Light, you know not that the light is in you. Yet you will find it through its witnesses, for having given light to them they will return it. Each one you see in light brings your light closer to your awareness. Love always leads to love. The sick, who ask for love, are grateful for it, and in their joy they shine with holy thanks. And this they offer you who gave them joy. They are your guides to joy, for having received it of you they would keep it. You have established them as guides to peace, for you have made it manifest in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment