Wednesday, June 12, 2013

F(alse)E(vidence)A(ppearing)R(eal)



"The thing in the world I am most afraid of is fear, and with good reason; that passion alone, in the trouble of it, exceeding all other accidents” Montaigne

We can rid ourselves of resentment by focusing our attention on its opposite love. Clara Berenger




Today humanity is sick in mind, sick with the fear of atom bombs and bacteriological warfare that could wipe out our civilization and plunge the world into darkness. The only effectual cure for the mental illness that afflicts the world is a change of mental attitude, a realization that we cannot meet this crisis by physical or intellectual means alone. We must raise our consciousness to a level above physical force or material well-being and expand our inherent spiritual potentialities. History should serve as a warning that civilizations built on material glory or military power crumble into dust. Where is "The glory that was Greece
And the grandeur that was Rome"?

If fear is either a conscious or unconscious habit, you can be rid of it by affirming: I have perfect faith in God. I know that His love infolds me, His power protects me, His presence watches over me. I place my life and all my affairs lovingly in His hands.

Worry is not a sign of love, although most parents like to think that it is and explain it as such to their children. Fear, which is worry in exaggerated form, is also an ingredient of personal love. We too often fear for those we love instead of praying for them in confidence and in faith. "There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear." Clara Berenger~Peace Begins At Home (1954)



An affirmation, "Divine order is now established in my life and affairs” spoken whenever you begin to feel rushed, helps to rid yourself of tension. Clara Berenger



In trying to rid yourself of any negative thought habit you must be careful not to fight it by personal will power. When you grit your teeth and say, "I will not be prejudiced or unkind; I will 'not give in to this unfounded dislike” you are likely to become upset and nervous and thus defeat the very thing you are trying to accomplish. Use quiet, strong affirmations of tolerance and brotherliness to help eradicate the bad habit and build up the good.
Affirm an understanding of the equality of all men under God: God, who is above all and in all, is the Father of all. I know that “in my Father's house are many mansions'* and that His Truth resides in all of them. I am tolerant and brotherly toward every person, because that is the way God wants me to be. I open my heart to all God’s children, because I know they are all equal in His sight.
In praying, it is well to remember that Jesus answered the question "Who are my brethren" by saying, "Whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother." In other words, He was stating that godliness, the doing of God's will, should be the only criterion for judging our brothers. Any other standard is presumptuous and a sin against the Lord. Clara Berenger~Peace Begins At Home (1954)

Through the exercise of love we reveal our godliness. Clara Berenger

No comments:

Post a Comment