Monday, June 10, 2013

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him."



I Can't Say Till I Know What's In It (Sword&Trowel Tract #19)—"In these times there are thousands of bad books published, and herds of bad teachers sent forth to deceive the unwary; you must be on your guard, lest you be led into error." C. H. Spurgeon
“Truth is within ourselves” see



"Look not mournfully into the Past It comes not back again. Wisely improve the Present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy Future, without fear, and with a manly heart" Longfellow

Select one brother, symbol of the rest, and ask salvation of him. See him first as clearly as you can, in that same form to which you are accustomed. See his face, his hands and feet, his clothing. Watch him smile, and see familiar gestures which he makes so frequently. Then think of this: What you are seeing now conceals from you the sight of one who can forgive you all your sins; whose sacred hands can take away the nails which pierce your own, and lift the crown of thorns which you have placed upon your bleeding head. Ask this of him, that he may set you free:
Give me your blessing, holy Son of God.
I would behold you with the eyes of Christ,
and see my perfect sinlessness in you.

You will come nearer Christ's vision, and if you are intent on reaching it, you will succeed today. Give me your blessing, holy Son of God.


If among your relatives or friends there is someone who seems to be making a mistake, do all you
can to help him see the light; reveal the Truth as you understand it, but never attempt to force him to follow you, and never dictate the way he must go. Give him lovingly into the hands of the Father who is in all of us. "Forbear thee from meddling with God, who is with me, that he destroy thee not” Know in the depths of your being that Christ is his shepherd. "I am the good shepherd; and I know mine own, and mine own know me."
You can “let go and let God”' confident and calm in the assurance that God is working in him to
will and to do the thing that is right for him; that God will bring his good into manifestation according to the perfect pattern He has for him.
If you think over your personal relationships, you will probably find that you have not been entirely free from the fault of interference. And if you sincerely wish to eliminate this fault, you will be helped by affirming over and over again: I leave him in God's hands. I resist all temptation to force my opinions or beliefs upon him, for I know that his indwelling Christ will lead him to the path God means him to take. Clara Berenger~Peace Begins At Home (1954)

No comments:

Post a Comment