Monday, June 10, 2013

disTRUST?



If you find distrust in any form in your consciousness, you can start at once to get rid of it. You can affirm: I am trustful of myself. I have faith in the power of God to guide me to my good. I trust the goodness of others, because I know that the Spirit of God is in them. I am strong in the faith that "with God all things are possible.”
Clara Berenger~Peace Begins At Home (1954)

Reader, argue, if you please, but remember that believing in the Lord Jesus gives infinitely more enjoyment than disputing can ever afford you. If you are unsaved, your only business is with the great command, "Believe!" and even if you have passed from death unto life, it is better to commune with Jesus than to discuss doubtful questions. When Melancthon's mother asked him what she must believe amidst so many disputes, he, knowing her to be trusting to Jesus in a simple-hearted manner, replied, "Go on, mother, to believe and pray as you have done, and do not trouble yourself about controversy." So say we to all troubled souls, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him." C. H. Spurgeon Eat, Don't Argue! (Sword&Trowel Tract #4)

Never distrust anybody. Find out men's good qualities and keep your mind on them, not on their failings. This will give you a great light. Learn this affirmation: "I am governed by the Principle of Goodness and fear no evil happenings."ECH

No comments:

Post a Comment