Saturday, December 8, 2012

Until WE learn how to pray, how can WE teach children?




From: NEW THOUGHTS ON OLD DOCTRINES by W. John Murray [Divine Science Publishing Co.New York, 1918]

We, who have prayed from our infancy up, are going to ask to be taught to pray in such a manner as to receive the blessings that were promised to him that prayed righteously. We must become as little children, and learn all over again. As a little child I was taught to pray at night, so were you,-
"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray thee, Lord, my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray thee, Lord, my soul to take."
That gave me a picture of a God that was going to snatch me perhaps during the night, and sometimes I did not sleep for fear of it. That was the Old Thought.


The New Thought is this:


Rev. William John Murray
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I know that God his child doth keep.
I know that God, my life, is nigh;
I live in Him and cannot die.
God is my health, I can’t be sick.
God is all love, unfailing, quick.
God is my all. I know no fear,
Since life and truth and love are here.
 



MY EVENING PRAYER For Children


Rev. Nona Lovell Brooks
Now I lay me down to sleep;
I know that God His child doth keep.
 I trust Him for my daily food,
My life, my health, and all my good.
May I grow stronger day by day,
And learn to live the truest way.
All this I ask because I know
Thou art the Love that wills it so.



No comments:

Post a Comment