Sunday, December 23, 2012

Miracles and higher truths.

Vernon Howard
You need not strain and struggle to understand higher truths, you need only realize that you don't understand.  When you don't know something, and stick with that unknowing, there is no conflict.
And there is also the opening for understanding something higher. Conflict,pain, strain, falling downhill occurs when you don't understand something about life, but pretend that you do, grab your own solutions and call them higher answers.

Now, look at the amazing state of not knowing what to do with yourself and leaving it at that.  When you  don't know how to straighten out your life, when you have no idea of how to push away the worries of past and future, when you don't know that and stay with that, a fantastically marvelous miracle occurs.  And here it is:  What happens when you don't know and simply say, "I don't know," what happens is a falling away of falseness, of ridiculous effort, of vanity, of pretense.  When you are simply all alone with the fact that you don't know what to do about that difficulty, when you're all alone with that and don't fight to grab your own answer, the miracle occurs.  A spiritual change starts.

What happens

is the dissolving of the mental self that all your life has said, 'I know what to do.  I know where to go.  I know who to talk to to lighten the pain I feel.'
I've discovered lately that I become more and more peaceful and if I get anxious for any reason the peacefulness returns more and more quickly when I focus on the fact I'm the cause of the disturbance in the first place.
I noticed in my stats, with gratitude,  that people had discovered my

One thing I subsequently discovered that was that Alfred Percy Sinnett (1840 - 1921), an English author and Theosophist, related in his book, The Occult World that: "...on the first occasion of my making Madame Blavatsky's acquaintance she became a guest at my home at Allahabad and remained there for six weeks..."   In 1880 Helena Blavatsky and Henry Steel Olcott visited the Sinnetts at their summer-home in Simla. The Mahatma letters, which generated the controversy that later helped lead to the split of the Theosophical Society, were mostly written to Sinnett or his wife, Patience. The letters started at this time when Sinnett asked Blavatsky whether if he wrote a letter to her Mahatmas, she could arrange to have it delivered. The Mahatma Letters are letters that were claimed to be written by the Theosophical Mahatmas or Masters of the Ancient Wisdom to certain Theosophists, especially A. P. Sinnett, A. O. Hume, Henry Steel Olcott, Helena Blavatsky, C. W. Leadbeater and others.
Evidently Sinnet was inundated with letters the next morning, in the sugar bowl, light fixtures etc. The fact other Theosophist received them could well be attributed to the ideometer effect or the power of suggestion. In any event I tend to doubt the event as authentic. Back in the 80's I left a pencil and pen on a notepad at night to no avail. I also left paper in a typewriter and again it went largely untouched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment