Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bible differences?

A friend attended a holistic university and said they'd been told you can't trust the bible, it's been fiddled with over the years.





WESTERN
EASTERN
Matthew 27:46 Mark 15:34 KJV  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud  voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to  say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Mathew 27:46 Mark 15:34 (the Peshitta) And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice and said, Eli, Eli, lemana shabackthani! My God, my God, for this I was spared! (This is my destiny)
Joseph of Arimthea
Joseph of Ramtha
Mathew 19:24 (KJV): And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
The Peshitta reads: Again I say unto you, It is easier for a rope to go through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

The term Peshitta means straight, simple, sincere and true, that is, the original. 
Differences are simply due to translation errors.  Pick a version and read it if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment