Sunday, September 16, 2012

SCENES FROM THE BELIEF IN DEATH AND THE BELIEF IN LIFE



I was called to see a young lady who was dying, as it is called. She was seated in a rocking chair, and after sitting by her a few moments, I knew she was about to leave the body and just as I was going to ask her if I should not lift her on to the bed, she said to me, "Shall I now lay you on the bed?" I said, Yes, and took her in my arms and laid her on the bed. She then said, "Now I will place your head so you will be easy." I placed her head on the pillow and she said, "Now I will cover you up." I did as she said, and she then remarked, "I will now sit down by you and make you quiet, so you can go to sleep." So I took my chair and sat down by her, and in less than five minutes she had ceased to breathe. This young lady was as much detached from her body as I was and she grieved for me instead of herself. She believed that I was sick, so her happiness was in helping me. But her life was in her wisdom, for she knew she was alive and was trying to comfort me, since I felt grieved to see her leave, as I had then the same idea which the world has. This is one of the many cases I might mention to show that when persons are leaving the body, they have all their senses, but to those who are looking on the person appears insane.

I was sitting by a patient whom I had put to sleep that she might have a needle extracted from her arm and while the surgeon was performing the operation, she said to me, "Does it now hurt you?" I replied, "No." She said, "I should think it would." Here was a person awake to all that was going on, who at the same time took my body and arm for the one in which the needle was. When I mesmerized my subject, if his nose itched he would say to me, "I wish you would scratch your nose," and if I did, it would satisfy him. I know that every person like the gold exists in the solution with all his life qualities of wisdom and opinion and is happy or miserable according to his life. PPQ
October 1862

Also repeated in On the Senses Being outside the Body


What proof is there that man's wisdom and senses are not in the body but outside of it and in the mind? I will relate a fact which will prove it. I once put a lady to sleep that she might have a needle extracted from her arm and during the operation she said to me, "Does it not hurt you?" The person who spoke was the one who was looking on, for she could describe all that was transpiring. If it should be said that it was myself who spoke through her, I will admit that she expressed my very thoughts, but if I could speak through her body why could she not speak through mine? If so, the body of each was only the shadow of our belief and I thinking it might hurt her and she from sympathy thought it hurt me, we were therefore neither of us hurt from the fact of sympathy. Let her believe that it was her arm that was to be cut and she would make the same ado as though she was awake. This fact holds good in my practice. A patient feels a suffocating feeling and thinks he has the heart disease. If this feeling did not come within his senses, he would not know it. If I am some feet from him and feel it, how can I feel it unless it is outside of the body? If the heat from a coal fire keeps within the stove, no person can feel it.
PPQ December 1862

Quimby was the 1st, in modern times, to differentiate between Jesus and Christ. Jesus, the man, and Christ which he called wisdom. Today we call it the Christ consciousness.
Ervin Seale hoped duplicate Quimbys method of healing but never got there. No one has. Quimby could join with the patients mjnd and feel the pain without being affected. He could deal with it. Today many energy practitioners believe when they enter the “emotional field” they can feel their clients feelings. They’ve joined at the level of the mind to some degree but still need to know how to deal with it or they can be affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment