Saturday, September 22, 2012

COVENANT

by Emma Curtis Hopkins
Scientific Christian Mental Practice

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my health; and I will do nothing to preserve my health; my health is the health of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my strength; and I will do nothing for my strength; my strength is the strength of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my support, and I will do nothing for my support; my support is the providence of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my defense, and I will do nothing for my defense; my defense is the protection of the Holy Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my mind in its perfect thinking, and I will do nothing for my thoughts; my mind is the mind of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my right speech, and I will do nothing for me speech; my speech is the voice of the Spirit.

I will do nothing to fix, or record, or write my Truth unto the earth, for my record is the record of the Holy Spirit. I say, as Job said, my witness is in the heavens and my record is on high.

I covenant for my joyous song of life, and I will do nothing to be joyful; my joy is the joy of the Spirit.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my demonstrations of efficiency and skill in rightly doing all things, and I will do nothing to perfect myself. My efficiency is the working skill of the Holy Spirit, according to the words of Jesus Christ, who said, "The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself, but the Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works."

I covenant for my judgment in its beauty, and the beauty of judgment; and I will do nothing to make myself greatly good in judgment, for Spirit is my judgment.

I covenant with the Holy Spirit for my love, and will do nothing to make myself loving or beloved, for all is the Holy Spirit now acting with irresistible goodness through me. This will make it easy for my to say, from the depths of my heart, "I do believe that the True God is now working with me and through me and by me and for me, to make me omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. I have faith in God. I have the faith of God."




Life Purpose?
I was going to do this but I got an email with Hopkins Covenant and realized our purpose is to remember God by removing all blockages to loves awareness in us and around us,
If you want to discover your true purpose in life, you must first empty your mind of all the false purposes you’ve been taught (including the idea that you may have no purpose at all).
#1 Here’s what to do:
  1. Take out a blank sheet of paper or open up a word processor where you can type.
  2. Write at the top, “What is my true purpose in life?”
  3. Write an answer (any answer) that pops into your head. It doesn’t have to be a complete sentence. A short phrase is fine.
  4. Repeat step 3 until you write the answer that makes you cry(*). This is your purpose.
(*) Abreaction is a psychoanalytical term for reliving an experience in order to purge it of its emotional excesses; a type of catharsis. Sometimes it is a method of becoming conscious of repressed traumatic events.
Early in his career, psychoanalyst Carl Jung expressed interest in abreaction, or what he referred to as "trauma theory", but later decided it had limitations concerning the treatment of neurosis. Jung stated that:
    "though traumata[1] of clearly aetiological(the philosophy or study of causation) significance were occasionally present, the majority of them appeared very improbable. Many traumata were so unimportant, even so normal, that they could be regarded at most as a pretext for the neurosis. But what especially aroused my criticism was the fact that not a few traumata[1] were simply inventions of fantasy and had never happened at all".
Jung believed that the skill, devotion and self-confidence regarding the way the analyst did his work was much more important to the patient than the rehashing of old traumatic emotions.
[1]              1. A serious injury or shock to the body, as from violence or an accident.
2. An emotional wound or shock that creates substantial, lasting damage to the psychological development of a person, often leading to neurosis.
3. An event or situation that causes great distress and disruption.
I heard a tape the other day of counselling done over the phone. The client had an abreaction. I’ve witnessed abreactions live in TFT, EFT and hypnosis. The practitioner is supposed to be trained to handle any eventuality. So that should serve as a cautionary note when if you decide to seek therapy. With whom is up to you. When you do have counselling consider: 1. What training was evident. 2. Did they talk in generalities or were they specific to you. Some people do “Cold Readings”, which are general and can apply to anyone but in the heat of the moment sound like they relate to you.





A master martial artist asked Bruce Lee to teach him everything Bruce knew about martial arts. Bruce held up two cups, both filled with liquid. “The first cup,” said Bruce, “represents all of your knowledge about martial arts. The second cup represents all of my knowledge about martial arts. If you want to fill your cup with my knowledge, you must first empty your cup of your knowledge.”
Let go of all preconceived ideas when you study the Truth. Whether the bible, ACIM or any other method.

Morty Lefkoe has some free stuff about eliminating beliefs. http://www.mortylefkoe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment