Monday, September 3, 2012

Finding a Love Relationship


Steve Andreas blog provides a process, Looking at Yourself through the Eyes of Someone Who Loves You, excerpted from Leslie Cameron-Bandler’s book, Solutions: practical and effective antidotes for sexual and relationship problems. He also provides a technique to use with yourself and to use with others.
What is valuable about this exercise?
Feeling loved and lovable.
I found this prayer from Miracles in Prayer, 150 Prayers for Everyday Living(LINK here), a. free e-book from Robin Duncan
Finding a Love Relationship
Photobucket
Where will you go for YOUR honeymoon?
Dear God, I’d like to have a loving companion to share my life with. I accept that it is Your will to bring me happy experiences that fill my heart with joy. If I am not experiencing my joyful desires, then it must be that somewhere in my mind and heart, I have decided against You. Perhaps I thought You weren’t listening, or maybe that I’m not good enough or attractive enough, or perhaps I thought it just wasn’t possible. Whatever the case, I’m willing to surrender all of those thoughts and fears to You and ask that You heal them for me. I deserve happiness, companionship and fulfillment because these gifts are my natural inheritance as given by You. Thank You, in advance, for healing my mind and blessing me with the most amazing, peaceful, loving, lasting, romantic, connected and harmonious relationship I could ever imagine. In gratitude, I accept Your loving gifts. Thy will be done. Amen

Enzo Emanuele is an Italian clinical pathologist renowned for his interdisciplinary research in the field of biological psychology. He has studied the biochemical basis of romantic interpersonal attraction and identified the neurotrophin nerve growth factor (NGF, a small secreted protein that is important for the growth, maintenance, and survival of certain target neurons) as a key biochemical mediator of falling in love. The implications of this research have been criticized in the popular press. In 2008, his genetic research, which showed an association between serotonin and dopamine receptor gene polymorphisms and certain love traits, was awarded with the International Zdenek Klein Award for Human Ethology from the Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.
Enzo Emanuele published interesting research results on the NGF levels in people*. The NGF amounts in couples in love were almost twice as high as in couples in long lasting relationships who felt not in love. To make things even worse for the not in love couples, even single people had higher levels of NGF than them, by almost 25%!
About NGF:
-           It is a neurotrophin produced both in men and women but occurs in high amounts in seminal plasma. It was discovered in 1950 by Rita Levi-Montalcini and Stanley Cohen, and earned them 1986 Nobel Prize. (Rita now at 100 years old is actively leading a couple of research teams around the globe and is an active Italian senator. She brags it is the NGF that has been keeping her mind bright);
-           Prevents or reduces neuronal degeneration, causes axonal growth and branching, promotes peripheral nerve regeneration and myelin repair;
-           Level of NGF plays a role in neurodegenerative disorders, multiple sclerosis, dementia, depression, schizophrenia, autism, Alzheimer disease, coronary atherosclerosis, and other conditions in which condition of the nervous system is a substantial factor.
-           NGF suppresses food intake, has insulin tropic properties, and plays a role in diabetes type2.
-           NGF helps with angiogenesis and wound healing, treatment of skin ulcers and corneal ulcers, suppresses inflammation, also has an antioxidant property, and helps in maintaining homeostasis.
*Psychoneuroendocrinology, Volume 31, Issue 3, April 2006, Pages 288-294; ‘Raised plasma nerve growth factor levels associated with early-stage romantic love’

No comments:

Post a Comment