Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Ten Cannots and Seven National Crimes.




Love is NOT a Test-Jennifer Hadley (I don’t believe God tests us, nor do I believe the Universe tests us. I have a friend that believes we are tested. But if you’ve studied ACIM, and we are the one who is dreaming of separation then who or what is there to test us. I’ve come to realize it’s a matter of degrees. Faith vs doubt. Love vs fear. And you really need to question every belief. That’s where the work of Morty Lefkoe and Byron Katie is helpful.)
The Ten Cannots of William John Henry Boetcker (1873–1962). Boetcker was an American Presbyterian minister and influential public speaker. He quickly gained attention as an eloquent motivational speaker, and is often regarded today as the forerunner of such contemporary "success coaches" as Anthony Robbins. Originally published in 1916 as a pamphlet entitled The Ten Cannots which emphasized freedom and responsibility of the individual on himself.

  • You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
  • You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
  • You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
  • You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
  • You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
  • You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
  • You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
  • You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
  • You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
  • And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
"If you wish help in ending anxiety, the first teacher you must consult is anxiety itself. There is no way to climb the stairs toward higher teachers without first learning your first lessons from the prevailing anxiety. This means to investigate and discover the false foundation of worry and nervousness. It is like hearing a convicted robber confess that a life of crime produces only fear and tension. You understand him so clearly that you want no part of crime against others and yourself. If you have never considered anxiety as a crime against yourself, you had better start doing so - for your sake." VH


Do something you WANT to this weekend ......not something on your SHOULD DO list.
http://www.positivechristianity.org

Boetcker’s "Seven National Crimes":
  • I don’t think.
  • I don’t know.
  • I don’t care.
  • I am too busy.
  • I leave well enough alone.
  • I have no time to read and find out.
  • I am not interested.


Keep learning, laughing, loving and leading - living life just for the L of it!!

I am loving what is in this moment now, "it" works, bk

If I am enjoying myself and doing what I would do for fun,
why not get paid for it.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.
    search

    ReplyDelete