Friday, April 19, 2013

The problem?



Reality is WHAT IS (YouTube - Byron Katie Loving What Is *). Take a walk in nature, don’t worry about what’s behind you (past) or what’s in front (future) of you. See the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees.  When you do that everything becomes up close and personal. Then you see things as they are . Not as you are.
That’s part of my 10th speech at Toastmasters I gave yesterday. I’m now designated as Competent Communicator (CC). 

I used William Samuel’s 2+2=Reality as my theme. When William studied with Mr. Shieh in China, his Buddhist translator from WWII, his favorite exercise was to, every day at the same time, go and sit by the city fountain and notice 3 good things about everyone that went by.
Toastmasters is multiculltural. Once a week, at the same time, my club meets at City Hall, with the fountain outside, and we do evaluations of the speeches presented, not judging by appearance, race, color or creed, but rather looking for the good things in the speech. And everyone grows in the process.
*The key to experiencing The Work is to go beyond the quick answers of the intellect and tap into a deeper wisdom. Ask, then be still and wait for an inner voice to respond. With practice, this will become easier. You will learn to rely on yourself—not the world—to see what's true for you. Thursday, August 5, 2010 The Work of Byron Katie
 “I used to think I had dozens of problems, but now I see that I have only one problem — me.”
“That is the dawning of a new self.”
VH
“If you want to get rid of your problem, then get rid of the belief that you are a personality who could have a problem.” William Samuel, 2+2=Reality
"When an ancient temple was discovered it had a strange message over its entrance. The translation read "Let silence speak." It means we should let quiet inner wisdom express itself through us. Remember this when a harsh world hurls its demands at you. You need not answer. You just need to know you need not answer. Don't explain yourself to anyone. Don't accept the world's low level. You are free of usual answers because within you is the Supreme Answer. Your Secret World has total power over the false world. Know this!" VH
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 Entering The Silence
To everyone I offer quietness.
To everyone I offer peace of mind.
To everyone I offer gentleness.
To give and to receive are one in truth.
I will receive what I am giving now.
Lesson for April 18th, 2013
Suppose it is seven o'clock and you want to catch a certain television program coming on at eight. You can tune your set to the correct channel now. Then, all you need do is wait for it to come to you. You can relax in the knowledge that you are correctly tuned in, that the program must eventually be yours to experience. You need have no care nor responsibility for its arrival.
Likewise, with rich results-as long as we are correctly tuned in, by using Mental Pictures, we need not concern ourselves at all with results. They arrive all by themselves, easily and naturally.  
VH
Keep peaceful. Fear nothing and nobody. Rise in the morning and say joyously: "I am strong with the strength of the Spirit." ECH
In Him you have no cares and no concerns, no burdens, no anxiety, no pain, no fear of future and no past regrets. I rest in God - Lesson for April 19th, 2013

God's Being streams through one gate of your being. Recognize your will as Divine Will and you will make no mistake. Say often: "Not my (human) will but thine be done." ECH




CCCA (The Centre for Contemporary Canadian Art) Artist Profile for Robert Achtemichuk

Robert was born in Yorkton, Saskatchewan in … [ read more ]


 

No comments:

Post a Comment