Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The past has no impact on how we behave and feel today.



Here's the real reason a "coward dies a thousand deaths." By law, any fear we refuse to face always returns... until we finally learn its essential lesson: resistance ensures repetition, so that whatever we try to go around will come back around again.~ Guy Finley
Do not mentally linger over completed actions, but leave them and go on to the next fresh moment.~VH
The past has no impact on how we behave and feel today. ~Morty Lefkoe


As events occur, we always assume that we know what they mean for us, and we immediately fall into... [continued] ~ Guy Finley
There once was a woman...

...who moved to a new town and decided to locate a specialty shop on the main square. The shop featured beautiful and unique objects that reflected the deep appreciation she felt for lovely colors, fine materials, and exquisite craftsmanship.

She filled her shop with all the things she loved, and on the first day she eagerly awaited all the excited customers who would come pouring in. But, as the morning passed and no one entered, she began to despair.

Later still, with the day drawing to a close, without a single customer having come into her shop, she could no longer contain her dismay; she finally let out a deep sigh, followed by a complaint that she couldn't help but speak out loud.

"Where is everyone? How is it possible that no one loves the things that I do?"

Overhearing what her mom just said, her youngest daughter lifted her head from out of her coloring-book, and said: "But Mom, of course no one has come in; you never put out your 'Open -- please come in!' sign!"


Could It Be So Simple?
If I'm not inviting in the love I want, is it my heart that needs to be opened?~Guy Finley

We want to strive to be self-ruling rather than get carried of by one reaction after another to nowhere. ~Guy Finley
I rest in God.
I rest in God today, and let Him work in me and through me, while I rest in Him in quiet and in perfect certainty.
I am as God created me.
I am God's Son. Today I lay aside all sick illusions of myself, and let my Father tell me Who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment