Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You are the creator not the creation.



I have beliefs, I am not my beliefs.
I have thoughts, I am not my thoughts.
I have feelings, I am not my feelings.
I do things, I am not my actions.
I am the consciousness that creates and then observes my beliefs, thoughts, feelings, and actions.
Beliefs are the meaning we give (usually) to a series of events. Beliefs are broad generalizations, for example, I am …. People are …. Life is ….
Whatever situation you find yourself in now is the effect and YOUR beliefs were the cause. Quimby would have liked Morty Lefkoe’s work.
As ACIM teaches: You are the DREAMER not the dream. “ As the course also teaches:“I am willing to see _________ differently.” The willingness to change your perception and instead of choosing the ego as your teacher you come more in alignment with the Holy Spirit.
And Morty Lefkoe also says:
There are three ways to “know” something:
1.       First, by understanding it. This is conceptual and involves language and explanation. You can understand that you create your life when someone explains it to you or when you read about it.
2.       Second, by experiencing it. You know you are the creator of your life in a totally different way when you experience it.
3.       Third, by bringing something into existence by creating/distinguishing it. When you distinguish yourself as the creator of your life as distinct from the creation, you know you are the creator of your life in this third way, which cannot even be described.
I create my Beliefs.
My beliefs determine what I do and feel.
Therefore, I create my life and I can change it.
You are not your beliefs,
you are the creator of your beliefs.
You are not your life,
you are the creator of your life.


You must distinguish yourself as the creator instead of the creation you thought you were.
And when you make it real for yourself that who you really are is consciousness,
you will no longer be at the mercy of the effect of the cause, which is whatever has been upsetting you.
Food for thought:

Who creates your emotions?
YOU do! Based on YOUR interpretation of an event or situation as you perceive it. Your feelings tell you only one thing:  That you have given meaning to an event.  No meaning, no feelings.
From a spiritual standpoint when you do his (Morty Lefkoe) WAIR? process the “I” is the Christed part of you as opposed to the “i” or ego that sees itself as a victim. Which is what William Samuel and Jane Woodward have demonstrated.
Closing Thought
“The Work” by Byron Katie would augment this quite nicely.
It is not WHO it is WHAT you are that really matters.-- Imelda Octavia Shanklin, Unity
There are no events in a dream; no reality to it. All the time the Self, his world, and his true experience continue on, uninterrupted. The practice of the Self, therefore is its practice of Reality. The Self practices being the perfect Self, being intelligent, perfect Mind; practices living in the perfect world where there is no evil anywhere. In no other way can we practice the living Truth which we are, and function as the Christ consciousness. - Lillian DeWaters

No comments:

Post a Comment