Tuesday, September 3, 2013

‘Who am I?’

"We are here now, fresh and new because you don't have to be anything else but that. So be what you can be, which is very quiet, non-argumentative, receptive, human being who needs far more than you have ever found so far. What I’m asking you to do, is to start to take care of yourself and to take care of yourself with a new meaning of that phrase. To take care of yourself in a way that dismisses things rather than acquires them. But you find that hard to do because you associate dismissal with the loss of yourself. You will learn here and you must learn by yourself in your daily work that spiritual growth is nothing really but a process of loss of everything that you should lose fast and as furious as you can." VH
The only way we can be released from any painful sense of false responsibility is to see that it is based in a false belief. To see through the false belief is to be released from the weight of... [continued] GF
The real purpose of this world is to use it to correct your unbelief. You can never control the effects of fear yourself, because you made fear, and you believe in what you made. In attitude, then, though not in content, you resemble your Creator, Who has perfect faith in His creations because He created them. Belief produces the acceptance of existence. That is why you can believe what no one else thinks is true. It is true for you because it was made by you. ACIM CH1,VI,4
Dear God, When I look within myself, I find darkness, emptiness and inadequacy. I have done and said things I’m not proud of; some I regret and others I feel ashamed of. There are times I’ve felt small, alone, afraid and powerless, and I took out my frustrations on other people. I have stood in judgment, created conflict and sometimes chaos, as desperate attempts to find my way out of misery.
This is a call for love. I am learning it is not up to me to find my way out of darkness. My part is to create a space for You and then welcome You to enter. Because You represent pure love, You will never impose, invade or manipulate my consciousness. If You did so without my invitation, You would represent attack instead of love. I have never truly altered myself, however through my feelings of guilt and inadequacy, I have created barriers to my awareness of Your love. These barriers have obscured the light from me, but they have never extinguished it. If I will let You, You will help me undo each and every barrier that is blocking my awareness of the presence of Your love.
I’m learning that it is not up to me to know my way back to You. My part is to not resist You as You lovingly guide me to the light within me that has always been there. I will know I am resisting You when I feel angry, impatient, frustrated, guilty or any other negative emotion. When I choose these emotions, I am relying on my fear to guide me, instead of Your love. I am willing to forgive myself completely, release the past and not let my fears, thoughts or emotions further delay my happiness or the peace that is Your will for me.
In the quiet of my mind, I invite the memory of peace, the abundance of Your love and the Truth of who I am. I am learning that once I make this call for love, it is accomplished because You are as eager to answer my call as I am to remember Your love. My return to love is certain because, in Truth, I never left. I choose to awaken from my long slumber and from my dreams of pain, guilt, suffering, lack, illness, sacrifice and death, to remember the greatness of Your love and the abundance of my inheritance, even here on earth. I am one with You and I’m willing to trust that You will guide me home. Thy will be done. Amen  Miracles in Prayer by Robin Duncan
Are you a shy extrovert?

Are you an outgoing introvert?
Where are you sending mixed messages to the Universe?

The seeker is he who is in search of himself.

Give up all questions except one: ‘Who am I?’ After all, the only fact you
are sure of is that you are. The ‘I am’ is certain. The ‘I am this’ is not.
Struggle to find out what you are in reality.
To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are
not.
Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or
that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The
very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive.
The clearer you understand on the level of mind you can be described in
negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search
and realise that you are the limitless being.
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

A further point must be perfectly clear before any residual fear still associated with miracles can disappear. The Crucifixion did NOT establish the Atonement. The Resurrection DID. This is a point which many very sincere Christians have misunderstood. Nobody who was free of the scarcity-fallacy could POSSIBLY have made this mistake. If the crucifixion is seen from an upside-down point of view, it does appear as if God permitted and even encouraged one of His Sons to suffer because he was good.    The best defense, as always, is not to attack another's position, but rather to protect the truth. It is unwise to accept any concept if you have to invert a whole frame of reference in order to justify it.    In milder forms a parent says, "This hurts me more than it hurts you," and feels exonerated in beating a child. Can you believe that the Father REALLY thinks this way? It is so essential that all such thinking be dispelled that we must be sure that nothing of this kind remains in your mind. I was not "punished" because you were bad. The wholly benign lesson the Atonement teaches is lost if it is tainted with this kind of distortion in any form. ACIM CH3
Were it not for your intuition and reasoning, you would be materialistic. Learn this principle to live by: "God works with me and through me and by me and for me." ECH
Jung’s best contribution was an awareness of individual vs. Collective unconscious levels. He also recognized the major place of the religious spirit in his schema. His archetypes were also meaningful concepts. But his major error lay in regarding the deepest level of the unconscious as shared in terms of CONTENT. The deepest level of the unconscious is shared as an ABILITY. As MIRACLE-MINDEDNESS, the content, (or the particular miracles which an individual happens to perform) does not matter at all. urText CH2
Rank’s concept of the will was particularly good, except that he preferred to ally it only with man’s own truly creative ability, but did not extend it to its proper union with God’s. His “birth trauma”, another valid idea, was also too limited, in that it did not refer to the Separation, which was really a FALSE idea of birth. Physical birth is not a trauma in itself. It can, however, remind the individual of the Separation, which was a very real cause of fear. urText CH2
  • ·         Probably the oldest transmitted hero myth in our possession is derived from the period of the foundation of Babylonia (about 2800 B.C.) and concerns the birth history of its founder, Sargon the First. http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/mbh/mbh02.htm
  • ·          The biblical birth history of Moses, which is told in the second chapter of Exodus, presents the greatest similarity to the Sargon legend, even an almost literal correspondence of individual traits. http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/mbh/mbh03.htm
  • ·         A close relationship with the Sargon legend is also shown in certain features of the ancient Hindu epic Mahabharata, in its account of the birth of the hero Karna. http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/mbh/mbh04.htm

But don’t feel sorry that you must give and don’t feel that you are forced to give.


Before you choose to do anything, ask me if your choice is in accord with mine. If you are sure that it is, there will be no fear. ACIM CH2, VI

No comments:

Post a Comment