Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Serve God by learning to walk with God.



Guy Finley: By starting your life over in any moment of self-defeat -- by not borrowing your life from a negative reaction -- you let that dark feeling... [continued]

We are here to become great men and women, and with that purpose in view, we must eliminate everything in our religion and philosophy that tends to make the human mind a dependent weakling. If you would serve God and be truly religious, do not kneel before God, but learn to walk with God, and do something tangible every day to increase the happiness of mankind. This is religion that is worth while, and it is such religion alone that can please the Infinite. --p. 184-5 Your Forces and How to Use Them, by Christian D. Larson, [1912]


I am in need of nothing but the truth. I sought for many things, and found despair. Now do I seek but one, for in that one is all I need, and only what I need. All that I sought before I needed not, and did not even want. My only need I did not recognize. But now I see that I need only truth. In that all needs are satisfied, all cravings end, all hopes are finally fulfilled and dreams are gone. Now have I everything that I could need. Now have I everything that I could want. And now at last I find myself at peace. And for that peace, our Father, we give thanks. What we denied ourselves You have restored, and only that is what we really want. Lesson 251




' Don't use society's recipe for a better life, whether in economics, human relations or anywhere else. _The recipe doesn't make sense_. Accept this as the fact it is, and life will at last make perfect sense to you. VH

Elisa Lionne: It’s Not About You

When you seem to be cast down then you are about to spring highest. Bear this axiom in mind: "The Lord shall guide thee continually." ECH

“You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, and you can’t possess it, so you fight and quarrel to take it away from them. And yet the reason you don’t have what you want is that you don’t ask God for it. And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.”
— James 4: 2-3 (NLT)





No comments:

Post a Comment