Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Solving The One Problem

The healer's prayer is: Let me know this brother as I know myself.
'Your nature is your future. The simplest of logic reveals that your nature must repeat itself tomorrow. The one way to change your future is to change your nature. But you must really change it, and not merely imagine that you are different.' VH

Dear God,

Somewhere along the way, I accepted the false idea that I was separated from You. This misperception led to my experiences of misery, pain, lack, illness and despair. There is a part of my mind that believes I have a multitude of problems, yet in Truth, I have only one problem. My one problem is that I believe I am separated from You. Once I realize that I have never been separated from You, then all of my perceived problems will be undone. With You as my Source, I am assured of complete happiness, health, safety and abundance, without fear or suffering of any kind. Please heal my mind of this false idea of separation. Help me remember that I am one with You and we have never been separated. Let the Truth replace my illusions so I can return to my happy and natural state of abundance that is Your will for me. Thy will be done. Amen
Miracles in Prayer by Robin Duncan
Healing is a thought by which two minds perceive their oneness and become glad.
The sole responsibility of the miracle worker is to accept the Atonement for himself. This means you recognize that mind is the only creative level, and that its errors are healed by the Atonement. Once you accept this, your mind can only heal. By denying your mind any destructive potential and reinstating its purely constructive powers, you place yourself in a position to undo the level confusion of others. The message you then give to them is the truth that their minds are similarly constructive, and their miscreations cannot hurt them. By affirming this you release the mind from over evaluating its own learning device, and restore the mind to its true position as the learner. ACIM CH2,V,5
Thoughts increase by being given away.
The more who believe in them the stronger they become.
Everything is an idea.
How, then, can giving and losing be associated?
When you are sad, know this need not be. Depression comes from a sense of being deprived of something you want and do not have. Remember that you are deprived of nothing except by your own decisions, and then decide otherwise.
When you are anxious, realize that anxiety comes from the capriciousness of the ego, and know this need not be. You can be as vigilant against the ego's dictates as for them.
When you feel guilty, remember that the ego has indeed violated the laws of God, but you have not. Leave the "sins" of the ego to me. That is what Atonement is for. But until you change your mind about those whom your ego has hurt, the Atonement cannot release you. While you feel guilty your ego is in command, because only the ego can experience guilt. This need not be. ACIM CH4 ,IV
You cannot be hurt, and do not want to show your brother anything except your wholeness. Show him that he cannot hurt you and hold nothing against him, or you hold it against yourself. This is the meaning of "turning the other cheek."


No comments:

Post a Comment