Saturday, March 9, 2013

Neville Goddard often mentioned his family.



On October 13, 1921 when Joseph Nathaniel Goddard, in partnership with his son, Victor, decided to open his meat and grocery store on a side street in Bridgetown, he probably would never have envisaged that his small business would be in existence in the twenty first century or that it would have become the successful multi-national conglomerate that it is today. He certainly would not recognise the business today. The Goddard companies now span over 23 countries in the Caribbean, Central, North and South America and while they continue to be involved in the more traditional areas of retailing and wholesaling, they also operate in the relatively new areas of airline catering, export manufacturing and financial services.

"Goddard Enterprises Limited (GEL) - a publicly traded Barbadian company, with a varied business portfolio that encompasses interests in the Caribbean as well as Central and South America."
http://www.goddardenterprisesltd.com/

Everything is within you and can be brought into being by this simple technique. Desiring to visit my family in Barbados, I slept in New York City as though I were in Barbados and thought of New York City as 2,000 miles to the north. Then I received a letter from my brother justifying the trip and enclosing a draft to cover my personal expenses. I had not written my brother to ask him for this money, but while I was physically sleeping in New York City and imagining myself in Barbados, my brother had the impulse to write and give me reasons why I should come home. I hadn't been there in twelve years and the family needed me to complete the link. He justified his letter; justified the draft and justified the expenses he would incur, while I - without a nickel - simply imagined I was already in Barbados.
. . .

You don't have to burst a blood vessel when you imagine. Just let it be so. Knowing your request is genuine, imagine it as already accomplished and then trust him implicitly. This has nothing to do with any moral or ethical code, but your trust in God. Knowing that when you imagine, God is acting and God is faith, trust him to bring it to pass for he will, and in a way you could never devise.

If you want something don't ask yourself if you are qualified, but is your request genuine. Do not concern yourself as to how and when it will happen, simply assume that you are there already and in a way that no one knows it will take place. Your business will grow, your family will grow, everything will be as you have imagined.

You can stand perfectly still and so move that you can be seen at the point in space where you have imagined you are. I have done it. Wanting my sister in Barbados to see me although I was physically 2,000 miles away, I moved in my imagination, and when she entered the room of her son she saw me lying on the bed. She wrote me that very day and told me of her experience, so I know that all things are possible, for you and God are one.

Take me at my word. It is impossible without motion to bring anything into being, and the motion is within you. Knowing exactly what you want, view the world from the premise that you have it. If the world remains the same you haven't moved. Only when it can be seen after the change, can you know you have moved.

Now, continue thinking from the new state, for motion can be detected only by a change of position relative to another object. A friend is a good frame of reference. Looking at his face, let him see you as he would if your desire were fulfilled. He would see you differently, would he not? If he is one who would congratulate you, accept his congratulations. Extend your hand mentally and feel the reality of his hand. Listen and hear the reality of his words of congratulations. Then have faith in your unseen reality, for if you do, no power can stop it from coming into your world.

Now let us go into the silence.
THE CREATOR
Neville Goddard 10-27-1969






The Q&A’s at the end are interesting because he mentions Unity and Religious Science: Neville Goddard The Secret Of The Sperm


Goddards Magic Moments
Weddings & Honeymoons

Goddards Magic Moments is the Events Coordination arm of Goddards Shipping & Tours Ltd, specializing in making the special event of their client’s life a magical experience.

Barbados Legal Requirements

  • Valid Passports or the original or certified copies of birth certificates
  • If either party was divorced, an original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of The Final Judgement.
  • If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
  • All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
  http://magicmoments.goddardsshipping.com/category/image-galleries/magic-moments-gallery

 

Abdullah, the mystical Ethiopian Rabbi who taught Neville Goddard for five years, told him to:
 "Live as though you are there, and that you shall be."

Adbullah taught that the true Christ/God lies within and instructed on how to access the higher self.

AFFIRM:
I Did It. I Am Doing it. And I will continue to Do It Until That Which I Have Done Is Perfectly Externalized Within My World. Neville and Abdullah

“To reach a higher level of being, you must assume a higher concept of yourself.” ― Neville

 

·         The English word “atone” originally meant “at one.” It’s an at-one. I must perform a certain act to become attuned or at-one with a state.

·         ... what is sin now? Sin is “missing the mark.” If I have a goal in life and I do not realize it, I am sinning.

·         You can transcend anything in this world that you seem to have at birth, or you seem to have today. You can transcend it by assuming the feeling of the wish fulfilled. I will tell you that Imagination will do nothing for us, nothing that we wish, until we have assumed the wish fulfilled. It will do nothing until we have assumed the wish fulfilled; and Imagination is Christ.

“Binding and Loosing” – Neville 1964

Neville Lancelot Goddard (1905-1972) married Mary Mildred Goddard (Hughes)(1901 Lancaster & Blackburn, England - 1979) in 1923 and they had a son Joseph Neville Goddard (1924 - 1986).

He married Catherine Willa Goddard (Van Schmus) (1907 - 1975) in 1942 and they had a daughter  Victoria Goddard Neville (1942 - ) [Vicky]. 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! This additional info about Goddard -- the family and business stuff, and, of course, his tremendous share of his own faith and belief, lifted me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddard was remarkable and spoke very well. I became a millionaire from being broke and hardly able to pay my rent after listening to Goddard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I began listening to Neville Goddard recently. I experienced him as a serendipity while listening to Joseph Rodriguez narrating Think and Grow Rich. I discovered other audio transcriptions by Josiah Brant on the messages of Goddard. When I decided to follow the instructions of The Strangest Secret, by Earl Nightingale,
    and do the thirty day test,many serendipitous events
    began to occur. While just listening to Neville Goddard, I decided to find out more about him and ended up on this post seeing the words 'comment as Tommy Tuna. That is what my ex-wife used to call me forty years ago. No one else did but her and I haven't thought of it in years. So here I am reading the strange instruction to comment as such. Let's see where this leads.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Neville Goddard's teachings are very empowering. I enjoy listening to his lectures or reading them online. Tonight I listened to his lecture"The Sower" in whih he again explained the Promise and the Law. We already are all that we desire: imagination and attention is the key.

    ReplyDelete