Thursday, March 28, 2013

“I rest in God.”



This thought will bring to you the rest and quiet, peace and stillness, and the safety and the happiness you seek.
“I rest in God.”
This thought has power to wake the sleeping truth in you, whose vision sees beyond appearances to that same truth in everyone and everything there is.


In Him you have no cares and no concerns, no burdens, no anxiety, no pain, no fear of future and no past regrets. In timelessness you rest, while time goes by without its touch upon you, for your rest can never change in any way at all.

We have a split mind: we were mistaken in choosing the ego, and we correct that mistake by choosing the Holy Spirit; we actively choose Him.
The Holy Spirit abides in the part of your mind that is part of the Christ Mind.

You do not need to serve in any subordinate capacity.
You are capable of managing affairs well your own way.
Make this your watchword:
"I am Understanding. I am Strength."
ECH

You should begin each day with the prayer
“Help me to perform whatever miracles you want of me today.”

Yearning tells you there is somewhere for you to be,
trust tells you that you are in the perfect place.



God's incredible promises are true, right?
Sure, for someone else.
But not for you.
You just aren't good or important enough.
I bet you often think like that.
You disqualify yourself from the amazing life God promised to you.
You can stop doing that today!




Self-proof just means this. It means you don't have to look around to anyone else’s facial expression to know what your facial expression should be. It means you don't have to consult memory of how you behaved in a similar situation dozens of times before. Self-proof is the only proof. ~ VH



In this world always take the position of the giver. Give everything and look for no returns. Give love, give help, give service, give any little thing you can, but keep out barter. Make no conditions and none will be imposed. Let us give out of our own bounty, just as God gives to us. The Lord is the only Giver, all the world are only shopkeepers. Get His cheque and it must be honoured everywhere.
 
~ Swami Vivekananda

"Discouraging facts are very encouraging because they prevent us from falling into lazy delusions which prevent real inner work." ~ VH

“We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.”  ~ Swami Vivekananda

New post on Miracles in Prayer by Robin Duncan-> Prayer 89 – Finding a New Home

We all have conscious and unconscious stories that are directing our lives.
The dominant story is to go to school, get a job, find love, buy a house, have kids -- we're all conscious of that basic life plan that our culture tries to siphon us into.
The unconscious stories are less obvious, and they are different for each of us. Here are a few that I commonly see in the people I work with:
·         It's not safe to be my true self because I might be rejected.
·         I don't deserve to have {love, success, abundance, attention, respect}.
·         I'm not {good, beautiful, smart, pretty, thin, strong} enough.
·         I must sacrifice what matters to me to make others happy and to be approved of.
·         In order to be successful I must be {more educated, younger, older, smarter}.
·         I'll be happy when {my kids listen to me, I get divorced, my boss respects me, I get the promotion, I lose the weight}.
The stories you carry at the conscious, subconscious, and unconscious levels of your mind are based on your history.
As children, we inherit our stories from our mothers and fathers, our teachers and coaches, and any other influential role models in our young lives.
As adults, our minds are filled with dead ideas and lifeless beliefs that do not belong to us. They are burdensome, yet still we cling to them. We walk through our lives living out the stories that were written by others.
By becoming conscious of the beliefs that were instilled in us long ago, we can learn to rewrite the story for ourselves today.  Gemma Stone @ gemmastone.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment