Tuesday, June 3, 2014

'Foots' Clements, Master of the Soft-Drink Sell.



As a farm boy in Alabama, W.W. Clements was trained by his father to introduce himself by saying, "I'm Woodrow Wilson Clements, and I am the future President of the United States of America." Young Clements' pals, however, were more impressed by his size-11½ feet than his political prospects and chose to call him Slew-foot, a nickname later shortened to just plain Foots. It was a handle that its unpretentious owner would hang on to for life.






1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
    book

    ReplyDelete