Friday, June 27, 2014

A Community Of Love.



My mind holds only what I think with God.
There is no love but God's.
The world I see holds nothing that I want. ACiM - Workbook Lesson 144

Students of A Course in Miracles should strive to live up to the ideal of establishing a community of love, their being the loving fulcrum that would join together the Course's teachings with all those they would meet or even think about.
The danger, as we have already seen, is that students may succumb to the ego's clever treachery and interpret this community in specific, worldly terms—the body—rather than see it as the community of love that only truly exists in the mind. Volume 24   Number 4   December 2013 Kenneth Wapnick, Ph.D.
My mind holds only what I think with God.
When I am healed I am not healed alone.
Heaven is the decision I must make. ACiM - Workbook Lesson 149
"All of humanity cries out something like this, "All I ever wanted was to have a quiet, happy, peaceful life. I just wanted to settle down and be safe, surrounded by safe conditions and just live a happy life, normal, happy life.” And then the complaint goes on, “But it didn't work that way. For a while I thought it would. At a certain time, I got the additional education. When I made that special effort to find higher employment. And I met a nice man, or a nice lady. For a while it looked as if my wishes for a nice life would work out."
"It didn't, and it was a far greater defeat and disaster than I ever thought was possible. In my younger years, I would never have believed what was ahead of me. It was an endless parade of monstrous defeats coming toward me. No sooner was one blow delivered than the next one came along. I could hardly get to my feet to start to fight back before I was knocked down again. And I don't know why. If there's an enemy, I can't identify it. And I've tried with every bit if intelligence, courage to advance myself in spite of the wave of troubles that flooded my way. Nothing has ever worked out for me.”
Now, I’ll pause here to make a special explanation. Everyone says that. The wealthiest man on earth says that. The most popular socialite cries that in the quietness of his or her own home. The individual who has a thousand new exciting promising projects right ahead of him says it... Now, you're to get yourself into this story. That’s why I'm telling it to you." from a talk given 9/18/1988 Vernon Linwood Howard
Be not anxious about money matters. As you provide for your children or for those you love so Divine Love provides for you. Keep this text: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” Emma Curtis Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment