Monday, June 9, 2014

"Be still, and know that I am God"



Sit quietly in a relaxed position, and, when wholly at ease, let your mind take in the significance of these words:
"Be still!- And KNOW- I AM God."

Without thinking, allow this, My Divine Command, to penetrate deep into your Soul. Let whatever impressions that come to your mind enter at will without effort or interference on your part. Note carefully their import, for it is I, within, through these impressions, instructing you. Then, when somewhat of their vital significance begins to dawn upon your consciousness, speak these My Words slowly, imperatively, to every cell of your body, to every faculty of your mind, with all the conscious power you possess: "
Be still! - and KNOW- I AM God."
Speak them just as they are herein written, trying to realize that the God of you commands and demands of your mortal self implicit obedience.
Study them, search out their hidden potency.
Brood over them, carry them with you into your work, whatever it be. Make them the vital, dominating factor in your work, in all your creative thoughts.
Say them a thousand times a day,
Until you have discovered all My innermost meaning;
Until every cell of your body thrills in joyful response to the command, "Be Still," and instantly obeys;
And every vagrant thought hovering around your mind hies itself off into nothingness.
Then, as the Words reverberate through the caverns of your now empty being;
Then, as the Sun of Knowing begins to rise on the horizon of your consciousness;
Then, will you feel the swell of a wondrous strange Breath filling you to the extreme of all your mortal members, causing your senses almost to burst with the ecstasy of it; then, will there come surge after surge of a mighty, resistless Power rising within you, lifting you almost off the earth; then, will you feel within the Glory, the Holiness, the Majesty of My Presence;
And then, then you will KNOW, I AM, God.
. . .
For you, who seemingly choose not to read further, I have plans, and in due season you shall learn that whatever you do, or like, or desire, it is I leading you through all the fallacies and illusions of the personality, that you may finally awaken to their unreality and then turn to Me as the one and only Reality. Then these words will find a response within: ---
"Be still!--- and KNOW--- I AM God."
Yes, I AM that innermost part of you that sits within, and calmly waits and watches, knowing neither time nor space; for I AM the Eternal and fill all space. I watch and wait for you to be done with your petty human follies and weaknesses, with your vain longings, ambitions and regrets, knowing that will come in time; and then you will turn to Me, weary, discouraged, empty and humble, and ask Me to take the lead, not realizing that I have been leading you all the time.
. . .
You, who have studied carefully all that has been said herein, and who think you have gotten a glimpse of Me, but yet are not sure, come close, and listen with your Soul to what I now have to say.
Be still!--- and KNOW,--- I AM,--- GOD.
If you have learned to "Be Still," if you have studied and meditated upon this "I" as God within you, if you are able to distinguish It from the personal I, and are conscious at times of being able to step outside, as it were, of your personality and view your human self as it is, see all its petty faults and weaknesses, its base selfishness, its animal appetites and passions, its childish desires and foolish pride and vanities; If you can do all this and have seen these things with clear vision, know that at those moments you have been One with Me in consciousness, that it was your Real Self, I within you, permitting you thus to see with My Eyes the Reality of things.
. . .
Be Still! And listen to My inner Voice, and learn of the glories that await if you are able to see with Impersonal Eyes and hear with Impersonal Understanding.
. . .
In the following words lies hidden the Great Secret. Blessed be you who find it.
Be still! And KNOW,--- I AM, ---GOD.
KNOW I AM in you. KNOW I AM you. KNOW I AM your LIFE. KNOW All Wisdom, All Love, All Power abides in this Life, which is flowing freely through your entire being NOW.
I AM the LIFE, I AM the INTELLIGENCE, I AM the POWER in all Substance, ---in all the cells of your body; in the cells of all mineral, vegetable and animal matter; in fire, water and air; in Sun, Moon and Stars. I AM that in you and in them which IS.
Their consciousness is One with your consciousness, and All is My Consciousness. Through My Consciousness in them All that they have or are is yours for the asking.
. . .
AWAKE! Rise up and assert your Sovereignty! KNOW your SELF and your POWERS! KNOW that all I have is yours, that My Omnipotent LIFE is flowing through you, that you can take of IT and build with IT what you WILL, and IT will manifest for you as Health, Power, Prosperity, Union, Happiness, Peace,--- anything you WILL of ME.
Imagine this. THINK it. KNOW it! Then, with all the Positiveness of your nature, Speak the Creative WORD! It will not return to you void.
Excerpted from: Joseph S(ieber) Benner ~ THE IMPERSONAL LIFE (1914)

No comments:

Post a Comment