Saturday, December 28, 2013

For the FaithFULL- Wisdom & Sanity.



 “When we think seriously about what it will cost others if we obey the call of Jesus, we tell God He doesn’t know what our obedience will mean. Keep to the point— He does know. Shut out every other thought and keep yourself before God in this one thing only— my utmost for His highest. I am determined to be absolutely and entirely for Him and Him alone.” My Utmost for His Highest.


I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my seeing, ~ Lesson 18~ACIM, introduces the concept that we share a joint mind. The race mind, collective or universal consciousness or beliefs which are all ego based.
Dear God,
Thank you in advance for giving me the strength to remain vigilante to what is true. I am willing to see my situation differently. I am willing to offer you a space in my mind to heal any thought of scarcity or lack so that I can get back to the abundance that is my birth right as given by you. I am willing to have patience and to recognize that I see not only my fearful thoughts in front of me but I se the fearful thoughts of others playing out in front of me as well and I will not let those delay my return to peace, happiness, health and abundance. Thank you for my strength today and I accept your miracle in place of my judgments. Amen Robin Duncan

If you’re paying attention you will ultimately realize that everything is as you wish it to be. It really IS done unto us as we believe. It’s a startling realization. It’s also an awareness we have a tremendous power, that if we actually apply it in an intelligent way we can completely shift our experience to one that is magnificent and beautiful. This is our holy opportunity.[ - See more at: http://jenniferhadley.com/2013/12/masterful-living-2014/]

  Wisdom from Oswald Chambers: Always keep in contact with those books and those people that enlarge your horizon and make it possible for you to stretch yourself mentally. The Moral Foundations of Life, 721 R http://utmost.org/


 Six Steps to S-A-N-I-T-Y

S = Stop our own negative behaviors (especially stop the flow of money!). One of the critical first things we must immediately stop is the flow of money to our adult child.  We must stop being the First Bank of Mom and Dad or the Community Bank of Grandpa and Grandma.
A = Assemble a support group. Remember, there is strength in numbers!
N = Nip excuses in the bud. You must no longer accept excuses. Period. Make it evident early on that you have no intention of being swayed by clichés or con games or lame excuses.
I = Implement rules and boundaries. These rules and boundaries must be well thought-out and non-negotiable, with firm but reasonable consequences and timeframes. And they must be written down and included in your action plan.
T = Trust your instincts. Nowhere does the need to trust our instincts hold truer than when we suspect our adult children are on drugs, have alcohol problems, or are involved in illegal activity. Intuition is a powerful tool. However, that still small voice will eventually stop talking altogether if we continue to ignore it.
Y = Yield everything to God (let go and let God). For some parents perhaps religious faith hasn’t been much of an issue as you brought up your child. But that’s one thing about being a parent in pain—you realize the help you need is going to have to come from some source other than self.  Adapted from Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children, Six Steps to Hope and Healing by Allison Bottke @ http://www.settingboundariesbooks.com/

"Write the vision, make it plain upon tablets..." (Habakkuk 2:2)

The world happens from you not to you. You’re like a painter painting the world you see with your thoughts. Robin Duncan

"Establish your vision in truth, according to what is true for you, your deep truth, and reality will form around it." ~ Bishop Xavier Eikerenkoetter

I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my thoughts. ACIM Lesson 19 Whoever is saner at the time the threat is perceived should remember how deep is his indebtedness to the other and how much gratitude is due him, and be glad that he can pay his debt by bringing happiness to both. (T-18.V.7:1) ~ On a purely practical level, if two people are fighting in a relationship, at some point one of the two will get the idea that there is another way of looking at this. That is the meaning of "whoever is saner at the time ....." One person will blow the whistle and say this is crazy. Whether that person actually does it verbally, behaviorally, or simply in his or her mind does not matter. But then at least one of the two people lifts him or herself above the battleground and looks back down, at which point the battle has ended. From: Our Gratitude to God

Money is nothing to you. Therefore, you can have all you like by getting a right thought. Great possessions naturally flow to you if you do not hold a foolish thought strongly. This verse will give you your successful idea: “All my help from Thee I bring.” ECH



Wisdom from Oswald Chambers - We are not to preach the doing of good things; good deeds are not to be preached, they are to be performed. So Send I You, 1330 L

No comments:

Post a Comment