Friday, November 23, 2012

Is there any way out of these conditions? Is there any power in the vast universe that can heal me?



It was early one morning in the year 1885, during an hour of earnest meditation and prayerful seeking, that I asked the following questions in faith, believing that they would be answered, with a willingness to abide the decision, whatever it might be. “Is there any way out of these conditions? Is there any power in the vast universe that can heal me?” The immediate and all-convincing response was not an audible voice, but was an intuitive response by the life-giving spirit, which penetrated the body through and through, and which illumined and vivified its every atom with newness of life. From the depths of Divine perception and understanding I was caused to know and realize that if I got well it would be by the power of the Infinite Spirit. I arose from my chair, and walking the floor said, “If, if, if I ever get well, then there is one way out of these conditions; then I must seek that way.”
. . .
At this point the question that naturally arises is, were you instantly healed? The answer is this: I at once saw the unreality of the conditions, and was free from the belief that they had any power, or could control for either good or ill. Thus the ax was struck at the root of the tree, and the old conditions passed away as fast as I disowned them by dropping the old habits of thinking and believing.

SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE OF 1885
by M. E. Cramer,
Harmony Magazine
Vol. 7, No. 1, Oct. 1894.



No comments:

Post a Comment