Wednesday, November 7, 2012

How do YOU stop YOUR suffering?



“At this point I noticed that some part of me wanted to hold on to the upset. I had reverted to feeling that Morty was upset. I was so identified with the upset that not having it seemed like an invalidation of me somehow. As soon as I noticed this, I again focused on observing myself having the feeling. As soon as I was able to separate myself from the feeling and watch myself having it, the resistance to finding a way to get rid of it disappeared and the feeling itself diminished in intensity.
Then, as I started looking for the source of the feeling “I” was observing Morty having, the intensity diminished even more. But Morty was still feeling pretty horrible.”

That’s from the Morty Lefkoe post: I was upset today … really upset.
It’s similar to what Jane Woodward wrote in God in a Box, being able to distinguish between the small “i” (ego or Morty) and the “I” of what you really are.


Morty has helped tens of thousands eliminate the cause and not the effect.  I’ve taken two hypnosis courses, in both the emphasis was on treating the effect not the cause.




P.P. Quimby would be proud.  



How do YOU stop YOUR suffering?
First, YOU remember that YOU have feelings, but YOU are not YOUR feelings.You are then  able to separate from the “creation” called (your_name_goes_here) and observe them being upset. That perspective significantly lessens the intensity of the negative feelings YOU are experiencing and enables YOU to complete the other steps.
Second, YOU look for the event that immediately preceded the onset of the upset.
Third, then YOU find the meaning YOU had given the event that was responsible for the upset.
Fourth, once YOU make a clear distinction between the event and the meaning, the meaning dissolves along with the feelings that had been caused by the meaning.
The United States elected their president yesterday. That event had no inherent meaning, only what we give it.

I, myself, was disappointed in this Prop 37: Californian voters reject GM food labelling until I realized it had no inherent meaning other than what I was giving it.
Who knows what the future will bring.
Didn't the bible say it's not what goes into your mouth that counts,
it's what comes out that counts.
So, be grateful you have food on your table 
and a choice of what you can eat.




It’s free and Step5 is “Nevillize Your Goals” (Neville Goddard). 

He also has a link for Morty Lefkoe (page 123).

He presents some interesting business ideas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment