Saturday, November 17, 2012

DECISION MAKER® BELIEF PROCESS



To sum up what occurs for us when we use the DM Process to change behavior and beliefs: We "recreate" the belief that is responsible for the current, undesirable behavioral or emotional pattern, thereby experiencing that the belief is nothing more than one arbitrary, but valid, interpretation of what actually was seen earlier in life. When it is clear that we never saw the belief in the world, the belief becomes transformed into just one of many arbitrary interpretations, at which point it literally disappears as "the truth."
I want to stress that the essence of the Decision Maker® Process is not merely understanding that our belief is an interpretation and having it disappear. The essence and real value of the Process is creating ourselves as the creator of our beliefs and -- because our beliefs determine our behavior, emotions, and perceptions of reality -- as the creator of our lives.
The DM Process ultimately is more spiritual than psychotherapeutic. By spiritual I mean a sense of ourselves as beyond or distinct from who we normally think we are, namely, our body, our beliefs, and the behavior and feelings that stem from our beliefs. The DM Process appears to be a cognitive gateway to an altered state of consciousness in which we create and then experience ourselves as alright just the way we are, as whole and complete, as calm and serene, with unlimited possibilities and no restrictions outside of ourselves, and with nothing missing.I changed the font on the last bit because it should appeal to ACIM students.
From

The following are just a few of the patterns of behavior that subjects presented and subsequently
eliminated after the beliefs that caused them were eliminated:


Pattern
Beliefs
1.
When I'm disrespected I get angry and feel like using a gun to shoot the person who disrespected me to stop the disrespect.
I'm not worthwhile.
I'm not good enough.
I'm not important.
The way to feel important is to be respected.
The way to be respected is to use a gun.
2.
Deep down I feel I won't get the jobs I apply for.
I'm not deserving.
I'm powerless.
I'm helpless.
3.
Hanging out with people who use guns and get into trouble.
I'm not important.
I'm alone in the world.
The way to be popular is to hang out with the popular crowd and do what they're doing.
4.
I feel that I should do better. But every time I try to move ahead, something
pulls me back.
I'm not deserving.
I'm not good enough.
The judicial system in Connecticut sucks.
Life is unfair.
People can't be trusted.
5.
I have a great relationship with my girl, but I'm just waiting for something to go
bad.
Women can't be trusted.
Women lie.
Romantic relationships don't work.
6.
I have a hard time communicating with women. Something is missing when I
try to communicate.
Women are insecure.
Women are strongly possessed by emotion, not by reason.
The best way to protect myself is to stay to myself, isolate myself emotionally, stay out of the reach of others emotionally.
7.
A lack of confidence. Procrastination, rather than a doer. I have positive ideas,
but take forever to get anything done. Not really having confidence that it will work. I feel "Good idea, but not for me."

I'm not worthy.
I'm not good enough.
There's something wrong with me.
I'm bad.
Life is very hard, very intimidating, tough, scary.
8.
I tend not to express my thoughts and feelings, both negative and positive. I'm quiet and don't talk in groups. I worry about what others will think of what I'll say. I feel they'll be negative about me and my ideas.
I'm not worthwhile.
I'm not good enough.
The way to be worthwhile is to have people interested in you.
9.
I always feel alone. There's no one there for me. If I don't do for me, no one
else will. When I'm in need, there's no one there.
I'm not good enough.
I'm not worthy.
10.
When someone makes fun of me or my family or my girl, when I'm not
respected, when I'm not accepted by my peers, I fight.
I don't matter.
I'm not okay.
There's something wrong with me; I'm crazy. I'm not worthy.
11.
I disrespect others and I want to stop that. I make fun of people, "rank" on them, I pick on people. I bully people. I push them. I feel negative feelings toward people, critical, and act badly toward them. I don't like that feeling but feel I can't change me.
I'm not good.
Whatever I do don't matter.
There's something wrong with me.
I'm not deserving.
The way to be okay is to make others look and feel dumb, stupid and dirty.
12.
I have been a drug dealer and always will be.
There's something wrong with me.
I'm not deserving.
The only way to get respect is to be a drug dealer.
13.
I try to impress others. I need to look good in front of high class people.
I'm not important.
The way to be important is to impress others.
14.
When someone tries to get me to do something I don't want to do, I get angry.
I'm not deserving.
What I want doesn't matter.
15.
I can't express what I think.
Nobody cares what I think.
People will laugh at what I think.
The way to keep from being hurt is not to express myself.
16.
I don't trust people. I have to watch my back. I joined a gang for protection.
People will blackmail you if they can.
Most people aren't trustworthy.
The world's a dangerous place to be.
The way to survive is to do what you got to do, get them before they get you.
17.
Violence with women and others. Threaten people with a gun and shoot people. When I feel that people disrespect me, make me feel like a fool, like I'm nobody, I get mad. Then I get violent.
I don't matter.
People who make you feel bad should be punished.
The way to punish people is to make them feel pain.
18.
If someone were to deliberately stand in my face and degrade me (example, call me a punk) I still feel I'd have to shoot him. But all the other situations that would have bothered me in the past wouldn't anymore. I could laugh them off, but not this one situation.
Allowing someone to stand in my face and talk junk to me means I'm not a man.


Creation is the opposite of all illusions, for creation is the truth. We are creation; we the Sons of God. We seem to be discrete, and unaware of our eternal unity with Him. Yet back of all our doubts, past all our fears, there still is certainty. For love remains with all its Thoughts, its sureness being theirs. God's memory is in our holy minds, which know their oneness and their unity with their Creator. Let our function be only to let this memory return, only to let God's Will be done on earth, only to be restored to sanity, and to be but as God created us.

No comments:

Post a Comment