Saturday, November 3, 2012

Have you been climbing the right mountain? Have you ended up on a dead end street?



 “You are not your cluster of memorized ideas about yourself. Awareness of this dissolves both the cluster and the belief that others can control you. If you have a self-image of being a desirable person, others can control you by flattering it, but can they control if you have no such image?”―Vernon Howard

Vernon says that often the decent thing to do is to just leave people alone.

A teacher once asked Vernon Howard “How can I use these principles in my job as a teacher to help the children?” He said with great emphasis “You be an example of rightness to those children!



"What is your life all about? Have you ever paused long enough in the mad rush of your money-making of trying to get what you call good things for yourself, have you ever slowed down long enough to ask yourself a simple question, what is my life all about. When is the last time you’ve done that? Long time ago, right?
We’re going to examine your life and the first thing I want you to understand and understand quite clearly, that your life is not your happenings. Now you think it is. You say 'I suffered that loss', I lost my best friend, I lost my spouse, I lost by girl-friend,' whatever. You say you lost something, that means that you think that you are somehow connected with this event. Not really, you just think so.
Your life therefore is not your happenings, it is not what happens to you. When you understand this, when you are able to separate your life, find your true life, separate it from what happens to you, now you know what life is all about, you know what you are all about and you are free from the world."



“THE FEW HUMAN BEINGS WHO FINALLY MAKE IT OUT REFUSE ABSOLUTELY TO POINT THE FINGER OUT THERE.”

Where Vernon Howard uses events and happenings Morty Lefkoe uses events and occurings.
YouTube videos:

THE ‘THEMASWOT’ TECHNIQUE
Them-as-wot makes the suggestion:
Does the work,
Makes the decisions,
And pays the dough.
This will free you of one of the slickest, smoothest, outrageous con games that one human being can ever play on another. Watch carefully in your human relationships how lazy people who want a thrill will try to con you into doing something while they get the maximum amount of pleasure and the minimum amount of work. You have no idea how subtle they can be. The suggestion might be “Don’t you think we had better do this,” and there’s a pause until the other person takes the bait.

 “What can I learn about myself today?”
“Do I let outer events take me into negative moods or do I study my reactions to see that I am the one creating the problem?”
“Do I really need it and can I afford it?”

KEEP THAT FACE OF YOURS STRAIGHT. Look them right in the eye and send them a message like “Knock it off.”

Here are a number of signs for you to hold up as the situation demands:
·         Don’t dump your trash on my desk.
·         Who said I had to explain myself to you?
·         If you want to fight, find another enemy.
·         What if I made the demands on you that you make on me?
·         I won’t lift a finger to solve the problem you have caused.
·         I was not born to be the ear to your chattering mouth.
·         No, I don’t owe you a thing.
·         You are several years too late to play that trick on me.
·         How evil of you to try to drag me down to your low level.

EXPLAINING  When someone pokes and pries into your life, say inwardly, and outwardly if necessary, “I don’t wish to explain.” After bearing it consciously and nervously for the first 50 times, the trembling will begin to fade away the 51st time.

A hundred times a day, you must look inside and see yourself, see what is actually going on in there.

Here are some exercises and instructions to use over and over again to break the hypnosis of what Vernon calls ‘mental movies’:
1) With the Abrupt Interrupt exercise, cut off the painful thought the moment it appears and know where YOU are at that moment and ‘observe’ or ‘see’ rather than think.
2) Practice the Run Out of Yourself exercise which is to tell yourself all about yourself.
3) Carry notes, a booklet, a book, something of the higher with YOU so that YOUcan get true help at any moment.
4) Instead of running away from painful interactions with others, it is often critical to invite the knowledge that what you see in the other person also exists presently in you. It’s just hidden and buried from view. By letting the truth of the other person’s trait reveal similar wrongness in you, it cancels out the criticalness and brings a definite humility, a relief and a new understanding. This must be done honestly and truthfully and not just done to quiet the pain.
5) Practice non-identification because everything in the false self resists feeling real shame, resists feeling and knowing its own cruelty and resists being aware of its own mental ‘war games’.

Vernon tells you to ask God for something even if you don’t know what you’re asking for.
“Please God, go with me today.”

“Please God, save me from me.”

“Please God, let me be strong with Your Strength ...
let me be wise with Your Wisdom ...
let me be pleasant with Your Pleasantness”

THE WRONGDOER MUST CORRECT THE MISTAKE.
THE WRONGDOER MUST CORRECT THE LOSS.
THE WRONGDOER MUST PAY THE LOSS IN PERSON.

No comments:

Post a Comment