Saturday, February 8, 2014

A light brighter than sunlight, brighter than any other light I had ever seen.




 It was the weirdest experience of my life. I was walking along one night, worrying about the rent money when I heard this voice say ‘Jonathan Livingston Seagull’. But no one was there. I had absolutely no idea what it meant. When I went home, I suddenly had a visualization of a seagull flying along, and I began to write. I just put down what I saw. -Richard Bach
Best-selling author of “Jonathan Livingston Seagull”
A miracle is a service.  It is the maximal service you can render to another.  It is a way of loving your neighbor as yourself.  You recognize your own and your neighbor's worth simultaneously.~  Principles of Miracles #18

We did not believe that the visible universe did not exist but was delusion and was to be denied. Our reason revolted at this and we decided that form was the product of God’s creative activity that this wonderful world was not to be denied but to be understood and interpreted.

We took our stand then and there in the though that our thinking, and living we were to emphasize God and His action in our lives. We knew that no wrong thought or anything else undesirable cold touch us so long as we centered our attention on God’s presence instead of on man’s false concepts.~ Nona Brooks
Miracles make minds one in God.
 They depend on cooperation,
 because the Sonship is the sum of all that God created.
 Miracles therefore reflect the laws of eternity,
 not of time.

 ~  Principles of Miracles #19
I, myself, was in very poor physical condition, being able to eat only very soft, especially prepared food. For more than a year I had been praying almost constantly “God give me light.” Then on the Sunday before we were to start our new lessons with Mrs. Bingham, I attended my church, where during the communion service the song to be sung was, Nearer My God to Thee. I could not bring myself to sing the first stanza—“nearer my God to Thee, nearer to Thee, e’en tho’ it be a cross that raiseth me.” I rebelled—I and my family had had all the crosses we could possibly bear. As the congregation sang I was filled with an inner turmoil, but as the song progressed I realized a complete surrender of myself and of the family conditions in order that I might be nearer to God, and so I was able to sing the last stanza with the others.
It was during the fourth class lesson, which eight of us were taking with Mrs. Bingham, that my whole being was completely flooded with a great light—a light brighter than sunlight, brighter than any other light I had ever seen. It filled me! It surrounded me! I was conscious of nothing but that intense white light! I thought that of course all in the room had seen the light too, but they had not. I alone had experienced this wonderful light which flooded my entire being and which I discovered had healed me instantly and completely.
Tho’ the actual healing was instantaneous, yet I truly believe that the months and months of praying that I might receive light had been a preparation for the healing which had actually come to me in the form of light.
. . .
In 1899 Mrs. Cramer came to Denver and taught her first class here. We found to our delight that her teaching tallied with ours to a “T.” We, who up to this time, had been nameless asked that we might call our teaching Divine Science also. She most graciously granted this and from that time on there was fine cooperation between the two groups.  Read more For more than a year I had been praying almost constantly “God give me light.”~ The Early History of Divine Science Nona Brooks
Miracles reawaken the awareness that the spirit, not the body, is the altar of truth. This is the recognition that leads to the healing power of the miracle.
 ~  Principles of Miracles #20
I will there be light. Let me behold the light that reflects
God's Will and mine.
Lesson 73
I am at peace.
Nothing can disturb me. My will is God's.
My will and God's are one.
God wills peace for His Son. Lesson 74

Remember: Expect Miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment