Tuesday, July 23, 2013

We are still at home in the safety of God's Love.



To find meaning and purpose in your life, pay attention to where your natural gifts and your true desires intersect.

Years ago, a student sat up and shouted, "I just realized something. Just because I'm good at something doesn't mean I have to do it." Our natural gifts are only one side of the equation of finding our purpose. If a strong desire isn't connected to the gift, then that desire is pointing to something higher that you want to express.
Each one of us is gifted in many areas. To find and share the highest and best part of ourselves we must pay attention to where our gifts and desires intersect. We find meaning and purpose in our life when we are able to locate this meeting point of energy within us.
Reflect on a typical day. Do you choose your activities because you happen to be good at them, or because you love doing them?
Think of your strongest desire. Notice how your essence, your gifts, perfectly support the expression of this desire.
Affirmation: It is possible for me to live the highest expression of what I am. http://www.receiveyourlife.com


Addictions frequently are the result of overwhelming feelings of self-hatred and guilt. The pain is so great that it must be neutralized in some way. Overindulgence in alcohol and cigarettes (or any number of other forms -- food, sex, wealth, luxury, etc.) is often chosen as a means of dulling this pain. . . . we need only think in terms of purpose, or"What is it for?" (T.17.IV.2:2) . . . http://www.facimoutreach.org/qa/questions/questions47.htm

Guy Finley: Finding the higher life is not meant to be the exception to the rule; it is the rule for anyone willing to undertake the interior journey... [continued]

When you choose against the ego more consistently, you will become more peaceful, kind, and compassionate, which means you will be less judgmental, less guilty and fearful, and have less and less investment in how your life is going in the world -- because you would have a growing sense that your life is centered in the mind, not in the world. With the disappearance of guilt goes the need to project, which means you would not attack other people or your own body. But the remaining forgiveness lessons would unfold according to your mind's choice of scripts; and the scripts could be ones of wealth, poverty, or anything in between; problematic relationships, great relationships, or anything in between; a relatively healthy body, a frail body beset with serious illness, or anything in between. There is no way of knowing what form you will choose to learn from. But the central lesson in choosing the Holy Spirit as your Teacher is always that your peace is not dependent on external conditions; it is dependent only on whether you choose to accept the peace that is always present in your mind . http://www.facimoutreach.org/qa/questions/questions225.htm


From our limited perspective, we cannot understand what determined our specific choices for families, genders, and so forth. But what we can know essentially makes such concerns irrelevant. We can be sure that while the forms in our scripts differ, the content for all of us is the same -- again, to prove that we exist as individuals but that it is someone else's fault. http://www.facimoutreach.org/qa/questions/questions187.htm

People think they are running toward a self-chosen goal when they are really running away from a self-created tragedy. They twist facts into flattering fantasies which then twist them into useless objects. The masses can have spiritual sickness, but only an individual can have spiritual health. Let the dull and unseeing stare of humans you see everywhere ring the alarm that you must not become like them. _You must not become like them._ VH

A Course in Miracles teaches us that everything we go through is something we have scripted. If life is our dream and we are the dreamer, then it is our mind that has chosen what to dream about. Shared events like a tsunami are ones that collectively we have chosen to experience. In terms of why something happens, or where it comes from, we don't need to go any further than that. What we do need to do is use our reaction to an event such as this to help us awaken and return to the part of our mind that can make a different choice.
Remember that the entire purpose of the Course is to remind us that we can change teachers and change thought systems. We can shift our focus from the voice of the ego (that tells us the world is real and we are its victim) to the Voice of the Holy Spirit (that tells us this is all made up and we are still at home in the safety of God's Love).
http://www.facimoutreach.org/qa/questions/questions119.htm

Affirmations for greater prosperity ---- written by Joyce Rennolds
I am divinely guided in all that I do. I move forward with ease and grace toward my goals and aspirations. The Universe supplies everything I need and want to accomplish my heart's desires.
Large sums of money, big, happy financial surprises come to me easily and effortlessly. I am always in the abundant flow. I rejoice in the goodness of Universal Supply.
The most important thing for me to remember is to "feel good". When I feel good I am manifesting only good into my life and my affairs. I feel good NOW!
I continue to YOUTH! My body knows its perfection. My life is not about getting old; it is about living fully in the moment, embracing all the good that surrounds me. I enjoy an active lifestyle. I enjoy living in the abundant flow.
I am slim, trim, toned and flexible. I am agile. I am healthy. I feel good. I look good. I eat healthy and live life to the fullest. I find time to meditate and to script. The benefits that come from this lifestyle are miraculous.
I enjoy the challenge of new technology. I am computer savvy. I learn quickly and keep up with all of the changes that take place in this arena.
I live an opulent lifestyle. I enjoy feasting my eyes on beauty and enjoy the energy of opulence. I attract interesting, exotic, and beautiful places to visit and travel. My life is full, rich, and prosperous.
Divine love is moving throughout my life and my affairs now to heal, prosper and enlighten me. I rejoice and give thanks.
Love melts situations that seem impossible. I live in a vibration of unconditional love.
I love all people; all people love me, without attachment.
I am the love of God in expression. God's love in me is drawing to me now- new ideas, courage and visible supply.
I live by the Law of Love and love is always victorious.
I give thanks that I am empowered by the Mind of God.
James T. Mangan (1896–1970) was a famous eccentric, public relations man and best-selling author on self-help topics who publicly claimed ownership of outer space in 1948.
In his book The Secret of Perfect Living, Mangan created a psychological system slightly resembling transcendental meditation, in which readers were encouraged to engage their subconscious minds and obtain specific mental states by focusing their attention on mantra-like one-word affirmations called switchwords; for example, focusing on GIGGLE ( would be useful "to get in mood for writing.")
Switchword is the essence of an experience, condition, or desired result, expressed as a single word. Switchword is "one-word creative declaration," a "one-word affirmation."
Sample Switchwords
REACH (to locate misplaced objects, remember something, solve a problem)
CANCEL (to eliminate worry, negative thoughts, and unwanted conditions)
BE (for peace, good health, to eliminate loneliness)
DIVINE (to work miracles, call forth extra ability)
COUNT (to make money) 

No comments:

Post a Comment