Sunday, February 24, 2013

What You Are



"People who say that spiritual truths are impractical for earthly affairs are merely evading their inner dishonesty." VH

Take to a mercantile calling.
Get an unusually good education.
Hold this word:
"I am equal to all occasions."
ECH
Wisdom Treatment
I have never, as the judgement of Jesus Christ, accused the world, or myself, of being foolish or ignorant.
I am not the result of inheriting foolishness and ignorance. I inherit the wisdom of God, my Father.
I am not surrounded by a foolish and ignorant race. I am surrounded by the wisdom of God. 

My daily associations do not burden me and darken me by the weight of their foolishness, or the darkness of their ignorance. All is wisdom, from which I draw wisdom in every moment.
I do not weigh down my own mind with wilfulness in thinking evil. I know no weakness or failure in any part of my being. I am the spiritual light that cannot fail.
I do not persist in thinking of myself as faltering or feeble in any part of my being. I see myself as strength, freedom and light.
My strength is Good, and cannot be threatened with weakness, or yield to weakness, in any part of my being.
My life is Good. It cannot be threatened with death in any part, nor fear death, nor yield to death.
My health is that of the Spirit and cannot be threatened with disease and sickness, nor fear disease and sickness, nor yield to disease or sickness in any part of my being.
I am ready to acknowledge to all around me, and to myself, that I am every whit whole.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, I pronounce myself healed, now and forever.
Amen!
ECH


As your function in Heaven is creation, so your function on earth is healing. God shares His function with you in Heaven, and the Holy Spirit shares HIS with you on earth.
As long as you believe you have two functions, so long will you need correction. For this belief is the DESTRUCTION of peace, a goal in direct opposition to the Holy Spirit's purpose. You see what you expect, and you expect what you invite. Your perception is the result of your invitation, coming to you as you sent for it. Whose manifestations would you see? Of whose presence would you be convinced? For you will believe in what you
MANIFEST, and as you look out so will you see in. Two ways of looking at the world are in your mind, and your perception will reflect the guidance you chose.
(ACIM,12,VII,4.7-5.6)
Children of Light, you know not that the Light is in you. And you will find it through its witnesses. For having given light to them, THEY WILL RETURN IT. Everyone you see IN light brings YOUR light closer to your OWN awareness. Love always leads to love. The sick, who ASK for love, are grateful for it, and in their joy, they shine with holy thanks. And this they offer you, who GAVE them joy. They are your guides to joy, for having received it OF you, they would keep it. You have established them as guides to peace, for you have made it manifest in them. And SEEING it, its beauty calls you home.
(ACIM,13,VI, 10.1-10.9)
Atonement teaches you how to escape forever from everything that you have taught yourselves in the past, by showing you ONLY what you ARE NOW. Learning HAS BEEN accomplished, BEFORE its effects are manifest. Learning is therefore IN THE PAST, but its influence DETERMINES the present, by giving it whatever meaning it holds for you. Your learning gives the present NO MEANING AT ALL. Nothing you have ever learned can help you understand the present, or teach you how to undo the past. Your past IS what you have taught yourselves. LET IT ALL GO. Do NOT attempt to understand ANY event, or ANYTHING, or ANYONE in its light, for the light of darkness, by which you TRY to see, can ONLY obscure. Put no confidence at all in darkness to illuminate your understanding, for if you do, you CONTRADICT the light, and thereby THINK you see the darkness. (ACIM,14, XI,3.1-3.9)
If, therefore, you constantly dwell upon that which is selfish and debasing, you will ultimately become selfish and debased; if you ceaselessly think upon that which is pure and unselfish, you will surely become pure and unselfish. James Allen


It takes a tremendous amount of energy when you try to be someone you're not.
When you think and live as if you have to be someone other than who you truly are, it means you don't have a clear awareness of your own identity. In essence, you are rejecting yourself -- and this is a sure path to unhappiness.
When your thoughts, motivations, actions and feelings originate from a foundation of thinking "I'm not good enough", ironically that "reality" is what gets reflected back to you. The way to break through this circular pattern is to realize that you've been listening to a lie. Once you understand this, you will know on a deep level that you are enough and that what you thought you lacked you already have.
Identify an area of your life that you think needs "fixing". For one week, rather than rejecting it, embrace this aspect of your life exactly how it is.
Shifting your focus shifts your reality. When inner conflicts dissolve it is natural for your actions to align with your authentic self.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment