Friday, February 22, 2013

Faith versus un-Belief.



Happiness is impossible if we think it will come when we achieve this or that future objective. Only the present moment is alive, therefore, only in the here and now can happiness be in motion. We would not try to enjoy a musical composition when it is finished; we appreciate it from note to note. VH



“God gives me only happiness.”
“He has given my function to me.”
“Therefore my function must be happiness.”

The first premise is that God gives you only happiness. This could be false, of course, but in order to be false it is necessary to define God as something He is not. Love cannot give evil, and what is not happiness is evil. God cannot give what He does not have, and He cannot have what He is not. Unless God gives you only happiness, He must be evil. And it is this definition of Him which you are believing if you do not accept the first premise. Lesson 66 - My happiness and my function are one
“God, being Love, is also happiness. To fear Him is to be afraid of joy.” Lesson 103
“Forgiveness is the key to happiness. I will awaken from the dream that I am mortal, fallible, and full of sin, and know I am the perfect Son of God.” Lesson 121
“I share God’s Will for happiness for me, and I accept it as my function now.”
Seek this function deep within your mind, for it is there, awaiting but your choice. You cannot fail to find it when you learn it is your choice, and that you share God’s Will.
Be happy, for your only function here is happiness. You have no need to be less loving to God’s Son than He Whose Love created him as loving as Himself. Lesson 102
What I perceive without God’s own correction for the sight I made is frightening and painful to behold. Yet I would not allow my mind to be deceived by the belief the dream I made is real an instant longer. Lesson 290 - My present happiness is all I see
Faith versus un-Belief.
Unbelief will nullify BELIEF in an instant even though you have Faith. Why? Because your ego will find someway to say “Yeah sure”. You see a spot on your finger and you google “spot on ginger”, notice wart and research wart, becoming a wart expert. Is the spot likely to go away or have drawn your attention to developing a wart.
As soon as you realize that your belief is “a truth,” appropriate at a particular time and not “the truth,” appropriate for all time—that it is a function of a specific environment that no longer exists—the belief will disappear and will not return. At which point you can create a new belief based on the current environment, which will result in behavior that is appropriate for the current environment.
The same principles that are required for successful individual change can be used to assist organizations to change also.  http://www.mortylefkoe.com/change-required-survival/ [He mentions Geoff Colvin in Fortune : Your Business Model Doesn't Work Anymore ]

No comments:

Post a Comment