Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Only the good is real.

WORDS of Truth written or spoken from a consciousness of the absolute reality of the substance in them, do more than satisfy the intellect or the senses. They are God’s means of bringing to pass the very Good about which they are uttered.

From the FOREWORD
The Rich Mentality
By HARRIET HALE RIX
A LECTURE
Delivered at Hotel Brighton,
Washington, D. C.,

September 4, 1914.

Some twenty-five years ago, when I took my first primary course of lessons, but one mighty thought remained fully mine at its close. In the newness of the idea, I had lost sight of the many , explanations given, while retaining clearly this one substance thought, "Only the good is real." This I ardently concentrated upon and practiced for the benefit of myself and others, almost without a break, for six months. Every horse, dog, cat, as well as person or experience, I came in contact with during that period, was blessed with this understanding of its real nature, until the thought became a fixed, abiding consciousness and substance for hundreds of future demonstrations. Again and again has this statement risen spontaneously from its hidden depths in the sub-conscious storehouse of my mind, to meet successfully the mortal claims of fear, distress, danger, pain and temptation.

One instance will show what a friend such a power will prove in time of need. One night, but recently, returning home late from a lecture, a large dog, suffering apparently from madness, rushed furiously at me from the opposite side of the street. His mouth was wide open to bite and his hair stood on end while his eyes flashed fire. Wisdom guided me to stand still and affirm the protecting power of the All-Good silently. The change was instantaneous; it had a wonderful effect upon the dog, for just as he sprang to bite, his mouth closed, his eyes softened and looked the apology he could not speak, his tail fell between his legs in fright, and he turned and ran away rapidly as one who is ashamed. In thanksgiving and praise it occurred to me that not only had my immediate thought protected me, but that back of it lay the power of those many true words spoken to dogs in the long ago.
From:
Christian Mind Healing
BY HARRIET HALE RIX
A Course of Lessons in the Fundamentals of New Thought

1914

No comments:

Post a Comment