Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The mentality is bound by statements long worn out.



 “Show some respect for your hidden power. Awaken it!”  Yogi Bhajan

http://positiveprovocations.com/ : We are each living a brilliantly full life. Some choose a simple life, some choose a busy life, some choose a life lived for others while some choose a life lived just for themselves. While we each have our own way of living this beautiful life, how many of us are truly LIVING? You know living with fervor.... Read more of this post

Shintoism literally translated, means
"the way to God," and includes the belief that all persons ultimately reach the place where God dwells, and become "one with Him."

Look beyond the body for the created being which is prior to intelligence. This world is the shadow of Wisdom's amusements. Phineas Parkhurst Quimby

Guy Finley explains that true greatness is found not in trying to be seen as special in the eyes of the world, but by dying to part of us that believes it knows what it means to be special in the first place.

Guy Finley: The divided mind has but one love, and that is to divide life in two; nothing is sweeter to this unconscious level of self than creating the sensation of feeling apart from all that it sees. In this way it always has something to do because it never stops reaching for what it imagines it needs to make itself feel whole.

I look upon the desk in my study. It has served me well. I touch it; my senses, true to the old conception of form, report in a certain way. I was trained to see my desk as something entirely different in substance from myself, and to think of matter and Spirit as separate and distinct. From this point of view I have called my desk lifeless. It has always seemed to resist my touch; hence I have called it hard--a solid. I look at the desk, and I see with these two eyes an unbeautiful mass, dull, lifeless, static; I say to you, "This is inanimate matter." In the old way of looking at the outer manifestations there is no connection between this desk and me, a living organism, except that subject to my will it serves me. Through this kind of thinking the misconception, duality, arose.
The one who is well informed in recent discoveries in the scientific world says to me in answer to my recital of these facts concerning my desk, "You do not understand matter according to the new concept. Nothing that you have said of your desk is true. The senses can never illumine you, even though the eyes see and the touch feels. The mentality is bound by statements long worn out. This desk is not a solid, lifeless mass; it is a center of activity composed of tiny, intelligent, whirling bodies called atoms held in the form which we call a desk by the law of attraction. Matter is a mode of motion; all form is living, intelligent activity."
There comes to me new meaning in the words of Jesus, "According to your faith be it unto you." Then, the proverb, "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he," flashes through my thought. Is it not true that as a man believes about the universe of form and the world of experiences, so is the universe to him; so does he experience? I see my desk in a new light; I see the blade of grass by the wayside with new comprehension. Each is a center of motion, of intelligent activity in the great expanse of universal ether. I no longer perceive deadness but livingness, not matter subject to decay and death, but living substance radiant with the life-principle of universal activity. I see Life as God himself in action. The words of natural science are being heard throughout the land, for scientists are speaking with no uncertain voice, and these words are being received with wondering approval. MYSTERIES by Nona L. Brooks (1924)



The United Palace House of Inspiration is honored to welcome 103-year-old Amelia Boynton Robinson as a featured guest to speak about her life as a civil rights activist on Sunday, June 14th at 12:00noon EST in NYC and streaming live online. Spiritual Director Xavier Eikerenkoetter will facilitate a conversation with Mrs. Robinson and other prominent speakers, including political and civil rights leaders.


Oklahoma school uncovers century-old blackboard lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment