Monday, November 24, 2014

I can give up but what was never real.



"Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world." Appreciate when you feel underappreciated. You can give appreciation if you really have zero cash and zero credit. Appreciation for all creation. The air, the globe mallow and its delicate orange blossoms, the hard ground beneath your feet, the sun, the stars, the ripe fig, the rustling wind, the leopard print pillow, and the rude barista, the jarring television sounds, the confused Facebook page, the peeling paint, all of it. Express appreciation for all of it--the good, the bad, the ugly and remember that this is happening for you by you through you. Expressing appreciation is one of the most natural and empowering forms of expression--in whatever ways it shows up. appreciation for authors Robert Scheinfeld, Michael Roach, and Charles Eisenstein

"One of Loretta's self-discoveries shook her like an earthquake. She realized that she really did not want to go around helping people after all. She did so compulsively, because she thought it a sign of 'goodness.' But she finally saw that compulsive 'goodness' was only self-flattering egotism. She told me, 'You know, I actually resented my so-called generosity.'" Vernon Linwood Howard

A Course in Miracles says, “When you meet anyone, remember it is a holy encounter. As you see him, you will see yourself … for in him you will find yourself or lose yourself.” In time we can see how it went wrong, which means how you betrayed your truth – how you betrayed yourSelf (with the big “S”) by listening to yourself (with the lowercase “S”).

"After a long journey it is good to be back home again. Right?
You know that's where you should be.
Your mission is accomplished and now it's time to be home.
We're going to talk tonight about being in the right place internally. Being in our rightful, natural and spiritual home. And the first thing you must record in your mind is that there is only one home. That home is yours to find. Yours to live in. And you don't need a single outside influence or human being to find it. You don't need anyone." Vernon Linwood Howard

Thanksgiving Day, gratitude day, is coming soon in America, and just in time, in time, and why wait for apparent time to be grateful? Notice now: air, breath, table, flower, desk, chair, window, tree...
I love writing to the you in my mind, since I love mind, the creator of all. So, without choice, I love what its “I” imagines all of life to be and can only be. Byron Katie

We must be like young eagles who dare to leave the nest because they have sighted the vast world beyond. Vernon Linwood Howard

Anger has no hold on you. Sadness never conquers you. Hatred will not rest in your bosom ever if your remember this: My soul doth magnify the Lord.” ECH

I can give up but what was never real.
I sacrifice illusions; nothing more. And as illusions go I find the gifts illusions tried to hide, awaiting me in shining welcome, and in readiness to give God's ancient messages to me. His memory abides in every gift that I receive of Him. And every dream serves only to conceal the Self which is God's only Son, the likeness of Himself, the Holy One Who still abides in Him forever, as He still abides in me.
Father, to You all sacrifice remains forever inconceivable. And so I cannot sacrifice except in dreams. As You created me, I can give up nothing You gave me. What You did not give has no reality. What loss can I anticipate except the loss of fear, and the return of love into my mind? ACIM


"Take as a fact that fear is a gigantic hoax, then use all these truths to expose the hoax." Vernon Linwood Howard

Father, let me remember You are here, and I am not alone. Surrounding me is everlasting Love. I have no cause for anything except the perfect peace and joy I share with You. What need have I for anger or for fear? Surrounding me is perfect safety. Can I be afraid, when Your eternal promise goes with me? Surrounding me is perfect sinlessness. What can I fear, when You created me in holiness as perfect as Your Own?  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment