Friday, May 30, 2014

Right Thinking.



"Search for the Truth is the noblest occupation of man. Its publication is a duty." Madame de Staël

As words are living things they always objectify. When the undesirable comes into our existence it shows us that we have been doing some wrong thinking. Fanny Louise Middleton Harley - 1895

There is no such thing as a “disease” or incurable condition. These activities, weaknesses, or abnormalities to which the medical profession gives name are but the efforts of the God-given inner intelligence to deal with conditions that the individual has produced by his failure to understand the Truth and to recognize himself as the perfect child of God, and to live by the divine law of life. Anything that does not measure up to the Christ pattern of perfection can be changed. Myrtle Fillmore (see The Myrtle Fillmore Collection )

Every thought is either a healing potion or a disease generator according to its quality, not only for the one who thinks it but also upon whomsoever the thought may fall,  “for no man liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself." Others are affected by our thinking as well as ourselves. Fanny Louise Middleton Harley – 1895

On page 421, latest edition of 'Science and Health,' line 5, you find these words of Mrs. Eddy: 'Derangement, or disarrangement, is a word which conveys the true definition of all human belief in ill-health, or disturbed harmony.'
Right thinking is the fundamental to all healing work. William W. Walter THE UNFOLDMENT 1921

"We were made for free action. This alone is life, and enters into all that is good and great. Virtue is free choice of the right ; love,, the free embrace of the heart ; grace, 'the free motion of the limbs ; genius, the free, bold flight of thought ; eloquence, its free and fervent utterance." W. E. Channing

Let us now take a prescription for the soul. Let us pay attention to what we are doing and systematically, by the clock, repeat some statement of Truth, three times a day, or, every four, three, two or one hour according to our necessity. Suppose we say I am not a material being, sick and sinful, but I am a spiritual being, perfect, pure and whole; or, I will no longer speak the words that show forth in poverty, weakness and sickness, but I will speak true words of myself and manifest that I am what I am, the perfect ideal of the Divine Mind; or, I am not a sinner, ill tempered and selfish and proud, but I am in my real and true being the exact image of God, pure, loving and good. I will speak true words of myself till I consciously see myself to be not only God's image but God's perfect likeness also, pure in heart, and whole, perfect and complete. ~ Fanny Louise Middleton Harley – 1895

No comments:

Post a Comment