Monday, July 9, 2012

Here I am Lord.


Relating to the scribing of ACIM, “Absence from Felicity(Keneth Wapnick, 1991) does contain some interesting ideas. I’m presenting a few tidbits. Please read the text to verify the content and context of the material presented.
Karma/Past Lives/Reincarnation
·         Time is linear, the so-called past (karma, reincarnation) is merely symbolic of a more repressed thought that is actually coexistent with the more conscious ones experienced as occurring in the present.
·         Karmic theories tend to induce genetic fallasy (reducing all behaviour and feelings to the past whether in the form of past lives genetic make-up. or early developmental makeup), over looking the 'truly' religious fact that NOW is the only time.
·         Both karma and reincarnation are linked to linear time, as opposed to the REALITY of ETERNITY. Everything we DO, THINK or FEEL comes from a decision made by the mind in the present. NOW is the ONLY TIME.

Spiritual Power
·         Spiritual power can be misused so it becomes self-serving rather than God-serving. (para-phrased)

Atonement
·         In ACIM, the chalice represents a symbol of the Atonement, the Holy Spirit’s correction of the belief in the sin of separation.
·         The impersonal nature of miracles is because Atonement is one. By being one it unites all creations with their Creator.
·         Complete restoration of the Son-ship is the only true goal of the miracle minded.

Prayer.
·         “For where two or more are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Mt 18:20) [There was also a reference to four of them going into the silence, asking for guidance and all receiving the same answer.”After all, minds are joined”. I found it interesting that I took a Prosperity course at Unity and they seemed to have missed the mark of True prayer and guidance.]
·         True prayer in ACIM terms is the joining with God in forgiveness and love.
·         Meditation is a collaborative venture with God. It cannot be undertaken successfully by those that disengage themselves from the Son-ship because in doing so they are disengaging themselves from Me.
·         I would like to pray that my will be united with Thine, recognizing that Thy perfect love will correct for my imperfect love. I pray that I may accept the Atonement with conviction, recognizing its inevitable worth, and my own divine worth as part of this identification with Thee. I pray that my fear be replaced by an active sense of Thy love, and Thy continual willingness to help me over come the split, or divided will , which is responsible for my difficulty with this. I accept the divinity of the messages I receive and affirm my will in both accepting  and acting upon the Atonement principle. Here I am, Lord.
·         I will to see myself only as I truly am. Nothing else can matter but this. The kingdom is entirely filled with peace and joy, and I am an essential part of it. \I will only for God and His kingdom. That is my reality, all else is illusion. I will be helpful as I offer to help others. I will know myself as I recognize my only true relationship with all my brothers. Amen.
Within the world of separation, every person’s mind contains both ways of seeing: the ego’s guilt and attack, and the Holy Spirit’s forgiveness and Unity.
Lighthouse analogy.
·         ‘Jesus represents an abstract presence of love in our minds, similar to a lighthouse that simply shines its light into the darkness. The ships lost at sea sail to the light. The light does not actively call them but merely reminds them where safety lies.’
·         We have sometimes seen an image of a lighthouse shining it’s light unto the sea, calling to it those passers-by who sought it. For us, the light is the Course’s teachings of forgiveness …

Why ACIM.
1.       A return to the original form of Christianity.
2.       Undoing the belief in the reality of separation and guilt.
3.       To have us choose the Holy Spirit as our Teacher.
Perhaps Quimby, Hopkins, Cramer, Brooks and others connected with the “new thought” were a 1st attempt or sowed the seeds of that generation.
Learn better concentration. When the mind flits about too much for good communication use a very short phrase like "Here I am Lord" and don't think of anything else. Just pull in your mind slowly from everywhere else and center it on these words. This will also give you the realization that YOU really are.
Similar to the exercise that the French philosopher, Rene' Descartes, used as the foundation for his philosophical system. http://pvrguymale.blogspot.ca/2012/07/i-think-therefore-i-am.html
Jesus-Blue Water
“Jesus, my brother, show me your love.”

What Emma Curtis Hopkins called the “race mind’, belief in SIN / GUILT / PUNISHEMENT / SEPARATION / DISEASE, I’ve often referred to as wRONG-minded thinking. RIGHT-minded thinking is listening to the Holy Spirit, the Christ Mind or the Christ Consciousness.
Why wait for Heaven? Those who seek the light are merely covering their eyes. The light is in them now. Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all. You are the co-creator of all things that live. For as the peace of God is shining in you, it must shine on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment