Thursday, February 16, 2012

The signs always follow. They never precede.

You do not command things to appear by your words or loud affirmations. Such vain repetition is more often than not confirmation of the opposite. Decreeing is ever done in consciousness. That is; every man is conscious of being that which he has decreed himself to be. The dumb man without using words is conscious of being dumb. Therefore he is decreeing himself to be dumb.
Claim it as your own and you will suddenly transform your world from the barren deserts of Egypt to the promised land of Canaan.
All the churches and priesthoods of the world disagree as to the identity and true nature of God. The Bible proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that Moses and the prophets were in one hundred per cent accord as to the identity and nature of God. And Jesus’ life and teachings are in agreement with the findings of the prophets of old.
Moses discovered God to be man’s awareness of being, when he declared these little understood words, “I AM hath sent me unto you.”
David sang in his psalms, “Be still and know that I AM God.”
The awareness of being as God is stated hundreds of times in the New Testament. To name but a few:
“I AM the shepherd, I AM the door; I AM the resurrection and the life; I AM the way; I AM the Alpha and Omega; I AM the beginning and the end”; and again, “Whom do you say that I AM?”

If you, the reader, will give up all of your former beliefs in a God apart from yourself, and claim God as your awareness of being – as Jesus and the prophets did – you will transform your world with the realization that, “I and my father are one.
You shall decree a thing and it shall come to pass.” - rising in consciousness to the naturalness of being the thing desired.
You are, at this very moment, drawing into your world that which you are now conscious of being. Now you can see what is meant by, “You must be born again.”
If you are dissatisfied with your present expression in life the only way to change it, is to take your attention away form that which seems so real to you and rise in consciousness to that which you desire to be.
You believe in God – believe also in me.” In other words, it is the me within you that is this God.
Praying then, is seen to be recognizing yourself to be that which you now desire, rather than its accepting form of petitioning a God that does not exist for that which you now desire.

In the beginning(an urge – a desire) was the word(the desire swimming around in your consciousness – seeking embodiment).
The urge of itself has no reality, For, “I AM” or the awareness of being is the only reality. Things live only as long as I AM aware of being them; so to realize one’s desire, the second line of this first verse of John must be applied. That is, “And the word was with God.”
The word, or desire, must be fixed or united with consciousness to give it reality. The awareness becomes aware of being the thing desired, thereby nailing itself upon the form or conception – and giving life unto its conception – or resurrecting that which was heretofore a dead or unfulfilled desire. “Two shall agree as touching anything and it shall be established on earth.”
This agreement is never made between two persons. It is between the awareness and the thing desired. You are now conscious of being, so you are actually saying to yourself, without using words, “I AM.” Now, if it is a state of health that you are desirous of attaining, before you have any evidence of health in your world, you begin to FEEL yourself to be healthy. And the very second the feeling “I AM healthy” is attained the two have agreed. That is, I AM and health have agreed to be one and this agreement ever results in the birth of a child which is the thing agreed upon – in this case, health. And because I made the agreement I express the thing agreed. So you can see why Moses stated, “I AM hath sent me.” For what being, other than I AM could send you into expression? None – for “I AM the way – Beside me there is no other.
Moses stated, “I AM that I AM.” Now here is something to always bear in mind. You cannot put new wine in old bottles or new patches upon old garments. That is; you cannot take with you into the new consciousness any part of the old man. All of your present beliefs, fears and limitations are weights that bind you to your present level of consciousness. If you would transcend this level you must leave behind all that is now your present self, or conception of yourself. To do this you take your attention away from all that is now your problem or limitation and dwell upon just being. That is; you say silently but feeling to yourself, “I AM. Do not condition this ‘awareness’ as yet. Just declare yourself to be, and continue to do so, until you are lost in the feeling of just being – faceless and formless. When this expansion of consciousness is attained, then, within this formless deep of yourself give form to the new conception by FEELING yourself to be THAT which you desire to be.
The Scriptures say – “to be absent from the body and be present with the Lord.” The ‘body’ being your former conception of yourself and ‘the Lord’ – your awareness of being. This is what is meant when Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again for except ye be born again ye cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven.” That is; except you leave behind you your present conception of yourself and assume the nature of the new birth, you will continue to out-picture your present limitations.



Excerpt from: AT YOUR COMMAND

NEVILLE GODDARD
1939

No comments:

Post a Comment