Friday, August 26, 2011

I am Spirit, Mind, Wisdom, Strength, Wholeness.

Emma Curtis Hopkins promoted five specific denials for students to regularly make, balanced by five specific affirmations, and recommended setting aside a morning each week to meditate upon them.
Denials:
1. There is no evil.
2. There is no matter.
3. There is no absence of life.
4. Sensation is not a physical or material experience.
5. There is no sin, sickness or death.
Affirmations:
1. My Good is my God. My God is Life, Truth, Love, Substance, Intelligence - omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent.
2. In God I live and move and have my being.
3. I am Spirit, Mind, Wisdom, Strength, Wholeness.
4. The I AM works inevitably through me to will and to do that which ought to be done by me.
5. I am governed by the law of God and cannot sin or fear sin, sickness or death.

Denial did not mean denial of the existence of a problem, but rather, it was a counselling process by which a patient was first encouraged
  • to speak of their concerns,
  • identify an offending belief or construct, and then
  • deny the existence of this belief in the realm of God.
This was a six-stage process developed by Hopkins culminating in the affirmation of the patient as the perfect creation of the living God - spiritual, harmonious, free, fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment