Monday, December 14, 2015

What the ego perceives with fear,



the right mind perceives with love.

“The body is a limit on love. The belief in limited love was its origin, and it was made to limit the unlimited. . . . it was made to limit you (T.18.VIII.1:2,3,4)

HE WHO follows Me, walks not in darkness,”
says the Lord (John 8:12).

Grant me Your grace, O most merciful Jesus, that it may be with me, and work with me, and remain with me to the very end. Grant that I may always desire and will that which is most acceptable and pleasing to You. Let Your will be mine. Let my will always follow Yours and agree perfectly with it. Let my will be one with Yours in willing and in not willing, and let me be unable to will or not will anything but what You will or do not will. Grant that I may die to all things in this world, and for Your sake love to be despised and unknown in this life. Give me above all desires the desire to rest in You, and in You let my heart have peace. You are true peace of heart. You alone are its rest. Without You all things are difficult and troubled. In this peace, the selfsame that is in You, the Most High, the everlasting Good, I will sleep and take my rest. Amen.
The Imitation of Christ
Thomas à Kempis, 1380-1471

You may be supremely accurate by learning the Divine law of the Spirit among us. The spiritual doctrine at its highest you should learn: “I and the Father are One.” Emma Curtis Hopkins

To ask the Holy Spirit to decide for you is simply to accept your true inheritance. Does this mean that you cannot say anything without consulting Him? No, indeed! That would hardly be practical, and it is the practical with which this course is most concerned. If you have made it a habit to ask for help when and where you can, you can be confident that wisdom will be given you when you need it. Prepare for this each morning, remember God when you can throughout the day, ask the Holy Spirit's help when it is feasible to do so, and thank Him for His guidance at night. And your confidence will be well founded indeed. Never forget that the Holy Spirit does not depend on your words. He understands the requests of your heart, and answers them. ACiM Manual for Teachers Section 29 As for the Rest . . .

“Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.” ~ Bob Keeshan ( Mr. Kangaroo)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C Clarke

"You will never, never be disappointed at what happens to you as a result of your wanting to transcend yourself. The reason for this is that there is a compassionate force that exists which understands you and recognizes even the smallest portion of higher desire in you and immediately races to your rescue." Vernon Linwood Howard

"It's not really a meaningful apology if there is no real intent to change." @DrGaryChapman

I am here only to be truly helpful.

"You can do much on behalf of your own healing and
that of others if, in a situation calling for help,
you think of it this way:

I am here only to be truly helpful.
I am here to represent Him Who sent me.
I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do, because He Who sent me will direct me.
I am content to be wherever He wishes,
knowing He goes there with me.
I will be healed as I let Him teach me to heal."
ACIM Ch.2.V.A.18.8

Let people fully state their propositions before you answer them. Then you will be wiser in your answers. Keep saying always: “Ye shall know in that day that I am He that doth speak; Behold, it is I.” Emma Curtis Hopkins

“Do not seek through your eyes, for you made your way of seeing that you might see in darkness, and in this you are deceived. Beyond this darkness, and yet still within you, is the vision of Christ, Who looks on all in light. Your ‘vision’ comes from fear, as His from Love. And He sees for you, as your witness to the real world.” ACIM Ch.13.V.9.1-4

I cannot sacrifice except in dreams. As You created me, I can give up nothing You gave me. What You did not give has no reality. What loss can I anticipate except the loss of fear, and the return of love into my mind? Lesson 322

“Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

No comments:

Post a Comment