Tuesday, April 7, 2015

In sorrow there is no joy.



"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."  — Lao Tzu

Guy Finley explains that within us exists See
Quitters Never Progress

It is impossible to learn anything consistently in a state of panic. T-9.I.1:2:3

"I want to start off tonight by giving you a message of freedom, a message that is so astonishing and powerful you could work with it for years and years and never exhaust the rich meaning in it.
The reason for that being is that this thought I’m going to give you connects with every other thought. The dictionary has millions of words, right, every word is connected within the book itself, all words are connected, so are spiritual thoughts connected.
This one I’m going to give you will expand itself if you love it, will expand itself and teach you everything you need to know about life. And the message itself is so simple and I don’t want you to take the meaning as simple, the words are easy to say, but I want your to realize because of this brief introduction I’ve given to you, that there is an endless source of wealth for you, and here it is: You don’t have to make it.
I said, you don’t have to make it. Now think right toward that from the very start. Be a good spiritual detective now and try to realize what you think you have to make, have to attain, have to succeed at, have to be. Who do you have to be, what do you have to obtain in this life? You don’t need to obtain it, you don’t need to be it. I, you, don’t have to make anything, not that romance, not that career, and not that spiritual or social identity." Vernon Linwood Howard

"Do please notice and look at it very, very closely how afraid everyone is. That’s what rules and ruins the world. Everybody is afraid. Not only that, but everybody is afraid of everyone else. There’s no such thing as real understanding or quietness or peace between two individuals, and there can’t be as long as they’re the kind of mental individuals that they presently are." Vernon Linwood Howard

Whenever you feel that you have made a bad choice or a wrong decision, this quote from the Course (pg. 90) reminds you that Holy Spirit will undo all the consequences of your wrong decision, if you will let Him:
"Say this to yourself as sincerely as you can, remembering
the Holy Spirit will respond fully to your slightest invitation: 

I must have decided wrongly, because I am not at peace.
I made the decision myself, but I can also decide otherwise.
I want to decide otherwise, because I want to be at peace.
I do not feel guilty, because the Holy Spirit will undo all the
consequences of my wrong decisions if I will let Him.
I choose to let Him, by allowing Him to decide for God for me.
" 
ACIM Ch.5.VII.6.6



Guy Finley: In sorrow there is no joy. [.. more ..]



"Walk On By" is a song composed by Burt Bacharach, with lyrics by Hal David. The song was originally recorded by Dionne Warwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment