Saturday, June 16, 2012

They said I would never dance, but I never danced anyway.


 “They said I would never live. I lived.
They said I would never think. I think.
They said I would never walk. I walked.
They said I would never dance, but I never danced anyway.”

Father Groeschel
 On January 11, 2004, Father Benedict Joseph Groeschel was struck by an automobile while crossing a street in Orlando, Florida. He received a head injury and broken bones and over a four hour period, had no blood pressure, heartbeat or pulse for about 20 minutes. A few days later the trauma triggered a near-fatal heart attack. While he was recovering from his injuries he collaborated on the book, “There Are No Accidents: In All Things Trust in God”. Although the accident left him with limited use of his right arm and difficulty in walking, he was back preaching and giving retreats by the end of 2004 and has continued to keep a full schedule. Father Groeschel, C.F.R., (1933 - ) is a Catholic priest, retreat master, author, psychologist, activist and host of a television talk program Sunday Night on the EWTN.

No comments:

Post a Comment