Monday, August 18, 2014

‘Truly Helpful’, ‘Higher Court’ and ‘church’ in ACIM



God is praised whenever any mind learns to be wholly helpful.
This is impossible without being wholly harmless, because the two beliefs must coexist. The truly helpful are invulnerable, because they are not protecting their egos and so nothing can hurt them. Their helpfulness is their praise of God, and he will return their praise of him because they are like him, and they can rejoice together. God goes out to them and through them, and there is great joy throughout the kingdom. Every mind that is changed adds to this joy with its individual willingness to share in it. The truly helpful are God's miracle workers, whom I direct until we are all united in the joy of the kingdom. I will direct you to wherever you can be truly helpful, and to whoever can follow my guidance through you. ACiM Text - Chapter Four - The Illusions of the Ego - Creation and Communication
You can do much on behalf of your own healing and that of others if, in a situation calling for help, you think of it this way:
I am here only to be truly helpful.
I am here to represent him who sent me.
I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do, because he who sent me will direct me.
I am content to be wherever he wishes, knowing he goes there with me.
I will be healed as I let Him teach me to heal.
ACiM - Text Chapter Two - The Separation and the Atonement - Section 6 - Special Principles of Miracle Workers
The ego speaks in judgment, and the Holy Spirit reverses its decision, much as a higher court has the power to reverse a lower court's decisions in this world. The ego's decisions are always wrong, because they are based on the error they were made to uphold. Nothing the ego perceives is interpreted correctly. Not only does the ego cite Scripture for its purpose, but it even interprets Scripture as a witness for itself. The Bible is a fearful thing in the ego's judgment. Perceiving it as frightening, it interprets it fearfully. Being afraid, you do not appeal to the higher court because you believe its judgment would also be against you.
 You need not fear the Higher Court will condemn you. It will merely dismiss the case against you. There can be no case against a child of God, and every witness to guilt in God's creations is bearing false witness to God himself. Appeal everything you believe gladly to God's own Higher Court, because it speaks for him and therefore speaks truly. It will dismiss the case against you, however carefully you have built it up. The case may be fool-proof, but it is not God-proof. The Holy Spirit will not hear it, because he can only witness truly. His verdict will always be "thine is the Kingdom," because he was given to you to remind you of what you are.
ACiM Text - Chapter Five - Healing and Wholeness - Time and Eternity
Sin is but error in a special form the ego venerates. It would preserve all errors and make them sins. For here is its own stability, its heavy anchor in the shifting world it made; the rock on which its church is built, and where its worshippers are bound to bodies, believing the body's freedom is their own. ACiM - Text Chapter Twenty-two - Salvation and the Holy Relationship - Section 4 - Reason and the Forms of Error
Possession for its own sake is the ego's fundamental creed, a basic cornerstone in the church es it builds to itself. ACiM Text - Chapter Thirteen - The Guiltless World - Section 8 Attainment of the Real World
I am sorry when my brothers do not share my decision to hear only one Voice, because it weakens them as teachers and as learners. Yet I know they cannot really betray themselves or me, and that it is still on them that I must build my church. There is no choice in this, because only you can be the foundation of God's church. A church is where an altar is, and the presence of the altar is what makes the church holy. A church that does not inspire love has a hidden altar that is not serving the purpose for which God intended it. I must found His church on you, because those who accept me as a model are literally my disciples. Disciples are followers, and if the model they follow has chosen to save them pain in all respects, they are unwise not to follow him. ACiM Text - Chapter Six - The Lessons of Love - The Message of the Crucifixion

No comments:

Post a Comment