Friday, March 19, 2010

Riches within your Reach


Published 1947 by Robert Collier.This is a collection of 4 books."The God in You" (1937),
"The Magic Word" (1940),
"The Secret of Power" (1945) and
"The Law of the Higher Potential" (1947)

He talks of the New Thought philosophy: God, the "I AM", thought vibrations, health, Ask-Believe-Receive, Praise and appreciation, Prayer, Treasure mapping, writing down our desires in the past tense as if they have already happened and being truly grateful.
He even quotes David V. Bush from "Applied Psychology and Scientific Living(1923):
"Man is subject to miscellaneous wrong thought currents if his mind is not in tune with the Infinite. or if he is not keyed up to higher vibrations than those of negation."From the P-R-A-I-S-E chapter:"When I worry, I am not trusting God. When I trust God, I have nothing to worry about".Maybe this is "The REAL Secret".
Which appears on all U.S. currency.
"In God I Trust"

When I walk with you
When I talk with you
Everything will be fine
When I walk with you
When I talk with you
Everything will be fine
Will be fine
Ringo Starr

Ask, believing you have already received is the “Law of Attraction”.
Amazing how many websites don't acknowledge his work.
I never watched "The Secret". Couldn't stand the introduction. Too sensational and suggestive. As Tomas Vieira says it's an ego thing. Someone at an NLP course said it appeals to people who are kinenesthetic. Someone else said there was nothing about taking action. The black and white pictures in the back of the book led me to New Thought. And was one of my paths to P.P. Quimby.

No comments:

Post a Comment