Saturday, February 8, 2020

I have dominion ...


“The world is not in need of a new religion, nor is the world in need of a new philosophy: What the world needs is healing and regeneration. The world needs people who, through devotion to God, are so filled with the Spirit that they can be instruments through which healings take place, because healing is important to everybody.” — JOEL S. GOLDSMITH


“Within thirty-six hours after my first spiritual experience, a woman buyer who was a customer of mine said that if I would pray for her she would be healed. The only prayer I knew at that moment was
‘Now I lay me down to sleep,’ and I didn’t see that that was going to do much healing.
“But she insisted that if I would pray for her she would be healed and there was nothing for me to do but pray. So I closed my eyes, and I am happy to say that I have always been honest with God. I said, ‘Father, You know that I don’t know how to pray, and I certainly know nothing about healing. So if there is anything I should do, tell me.’
“And very, very clearly, as much so as if I were hearing a voice, I realized that man is not a healer. That satisfied me. That was the extent of my praying, but the woman had her healing, a healing of alcoholism.
“The next day a traveling salesman came in and said, ‘Joel, I don’t know what your religion is, but I do know that if you pray for me, I could get well.’
“What are you going to do about that? Argue? No. ‘Let’s close our eyes and pray.’ And so I closed my eyes and said, ‘Father, here’s another customer!’ But while my eyes were closed and nothing was happening, the salesman touched me and said, ‘Wonderful, the pain is gone.’JOEL S. GOLDSMITH




“The beginning of wisdom is when we draw our attention away from the outer world, from the world of effect or appearance, and begin to realize that power is not in it, but in me. All power is given unto me. I have dominion over everything that appears in the world of effect.” Joel Goldsmith



No comments:

Post a Comment