Monday, July 24, 2017

Where am I? “Man, know thyself, and you’ll discover God.”

"It takes effort to be limited. It takes no effort to be unlimited.
All the effort you go through is to be limited..."
- Lester Levenson.
Watch what happens to your own consciousness, to your own selfhood, as you get used to the idea that I and my Father are one, and all that the Father hath is mine, that the Father is my bread, and meat, and wine, and water, and all of this is within me.
I don't have to go to holy temples. I don't have to go to holy mountains. I have only to do one thing. Abide. Abide in the Word, and let this Word abide in me. Morning, noon, and night, pray without ceasing. Abide in this Word. I and my Father are one. All that the Father hath is mine. I am heir to all the heavenly riches. Abide in this Word, and you have access to your spiritual Source. You have access to Infinity. You don't have to ask favors of man whose breath is in his nostril. You don't have to sell your soul for a livelihood. You have to get used to the idea. You have to make a transition from that materialistic, atheistic concept that says that you have to earn your living by the sweat of your brow or be dependent on someone else who is doing it. You have to come out, become separate from that atheistic belief that you haven't got a Source, that you haven't got a Father, that you haven't got a contact with Infinity.
...
You cannot truthfully say that you are far along on the spiritual path, until you have begun to realize the nature of your identity, of your being. You have not gone far enough on the spiritual path, until you have begun to realize that you are not a material being or body, that you are not finite, that you are not limited in time or space; and it is only when you catch glimpses of the I that I really am that you can see that you’re not confined in this body. Later on, you'll see you are not confined in this room. Eventually, you discover that you can be anywhere at any time because of your oneness with the I that I AM, which is really Omnipresence.
You’ll understand why in spiritual healing it is possible for absent healings to work, whether the patient is one mile away or ten thousand miles away. You’ll discover that you are never any further from your patient than their own breathing. You are as close to your patient as their breathing, and your patient is as close to the practitioner as their breathing, for I and the Father are one. And we are not in timeless space, we are in God, and God is in me.
Discovery of My Self
1962 Chicago Closed Class
Joel S. Goldsmith
Tape 468A

No comments:

Post a Comment