Wednesday, May 10, 2017

From Wreck-Creation to Re-Creation

In a world with 10,000 people in consciousness, where every change and request is possible, what 10 things would you ask for?
Q: How do I best care for my alcoholic sister?
A:
You surrender her / it to God and let go of wanting to control it. Trying to intervene keeps someone in pain and robs them of karmic merit. […] If you intervene, you’re robbing her of karmic merit and of what she needs to know. She’s going to need to hit bottom, whether she knows it or not. Intervening actually increases her suffering, because every time you try to help, you change where she has to go to hit bottom; now she has to go even lower. Do you love her enough to surrender her to God? If she says, “I hate you, you’re deserting me, I’m going to kill myself,” you say, “Well, that’s between you and God.” You need the conviction, the first step in Al Anon. Otherwise, you’re serving your own ego if you say, I’ve got to go in there and intervene.
Dr. David Hawkins’ Sedona Seminar, April 17, 2004

[ Joel Goldsmith on Money, alcohol and tobacco ]



"Your patience with your brother
is your patience with yourself.
Is not a child of God worth patience?
I have shown you infinite patience
because my will is that of our Father,
from Whom I learned of infinite patience.
His Voice was in me as It is in you,
speaking for patience towards the Sonship
in the Name of its Creator.
Now you must learn that only infinite patience
produces immediate effects.
This is the way in which time is
exchanged for eternity.
Infinite patience calls upon infinite love,
and by producing results now it
renders time unnecessary."
ACIM Ch.4.VI.11-12 Excerpts

No comments:

Post a Comment