Saturday, January 30, 2016

How the Light of Truth Sets You Free



You will keep yourself healthy by declaring that:
“No evil can come nigh me.
God is my health.”
Emma Curtis Hopkins
The Holy Spirit will undo all the consequences of my wrong decision if I will let Him
"The first step in the undoing is to recognize that you actively decided wrongly, but can as actively decide otherwise. Be very firm with yourself in this, and keep yourself fully aware that the undoing process, which does not come from you, is nevertheless within you because God placed it there. Your part is merely to return your thinking to the point at which the error was made, and give it over to the Atonement in peace.

Say this to yourself as sincerely as you can, remembering that the Holy Spirit will respond fully to your slightest invitation:

  • I must have decided wrongly, because I am not at peace.
  • I made the decision myself, but I can also decide otherwise.
  • I want to decide otherwise, because I want to be at peace.
  • I do not feel guilty, because the Holy Spirit will undo all the
    consequences of my wrong decision if I will let Him.
  • I choose to let Him, by allowing Him to decide for God for me."
ACIM Ch.5.VII.6.3-11

Guy Finley: Here Is How the Light of Truth Sets You Free
Guy Finley explains how the winter solstice -- a time when we switch from increasing darkness to increasing light in the exterior world -- is representative of a moment-to-moment possibility in our interior world. It is only when we allow the transformative light of consciousness to come into the dark of ourselves that we are brought into a completely different order of understanding.


"A manuscript is edited for a very definite purpose. The purpose of editing a manuscript is to eventually produce a book that will give the reader something worthwhile, something that will help him, inform him, that will give him maximum information with a minimum number of words.

So maybe you’ve had experience in that or maybe you’ve even gone over a letter that you’ve written to someone and you saw how it was necessary to change a word here or a sentence there, add something, take something out, watch your commas and periods and capital letters, follow all the rules of grammar and punctuation in order to make the letter or manuscript ready to be produced in book form or to be mailed to your friend on the other side of the nation.

That’s an introduction and a very good parallel to think about of what we have to do and must constantly be doing even while the talk is going on - I'm talking about
self-editing."
Vernon Linwood Howard

“We have a mission here. We did not come to reinforce the madness that we once believed in. Let us not forget the goal that we accepted. It is more than just our happiness alone we came to gain. What we accept as what we are proclaims what everyone must be, along with us. Fail not your brothers, or you fail yourself. Look lovingly on them, that they may know that they are part of you, and you of them.” ACIM Lesson 139.9

No comments:

Post a Comment